Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Little Shop Plant

Posted 10-17-2018 19:38
    I am looking at doing Little Shop of Horrors possibly. In order to solidify my choice I need to know if I can rent the plants cheaper than $1200. My budget will not allow that.  Does anyone have an idea? I can pick them up. I am in the St. Louis, MO area.  Thanks! 
    --
    Sara Giambalvo
    Vocal Music Director
    Speech and Debate Coach, Theatre Manager
    Herculaneum High School, Senn-Thomas Middle School

NOTE: This electronic mail message contains information that is or may be (a) legally privileged, confidential, proprietary, or otherwise protected by law from disclosure, and (b) intended only for the use of the addressee(s) named. If you are NOT the intended recipient you are hereby notified that reading, using, copying, or distributing any part of this message is strictly prohibited. If you ARE the intended recipient or an addressee, you are hereby notified that copying, forwarding or in any other manner distributing any part of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail message in error, take the steps necessary to delete the message completely from your system and contact the sender.

• 2.  RE: Little Shop Plant

Posted 10-18-2018 08:24
    I did Little Shop last fall and rented the plants from Patrick Ahearn. I think you can find him online. Plants were great and Patrick was nice to work with. SInce he is Philly based, I wonder what the shipping would be. His rental was $1000.

------------------------------
    James Fry
    Director of Student Life and the Malvern Theatre Society
    Malvern, PA

• 3.  RE: Little Shop Plant

Posted 10-18-2018 12:07
    I'm in Indianapolis and I own the set if you want to figure out how to travel and pick them up/return them.  What are your dates?  How long do you want them?  I can make it cheaper than $1200 with your travel :).  
    Email me director@northcentraltheatre.org

Thanks,

Nathan Shewell
    Theatre Arts Director
    Indianapolis IN

• 4.  RE: Little Shop Plant

Posted 10-18-2018 12:11
    I directed Little Shop 6 years ago, and we rented the plants from the SIUE theater department.  I had a parent volunteer who had access to a moving truck and some free time, so he picked them up to help us avoid delivery fees.  If my memory is correct, I think what we paid for rentals would be in your budget, but that was 6 years ago.

Theresa Velazquez
    Spanish Teacher
    Theater Director and Speech Team Coach
    Duchesne High School
    St. Charles, MO

• 5.  RE: Little Shop Plant

Posted 10-18-2018 15:36
    Theresa, do you happen to know who your contact was for that?

Sara Giambalvo
    Herculaneum MO

• 6.  RE: Little Shop Plant

Posted 10-19-2018 09:03
    I don't remember the name, but it was through the Theater/Drama Department.  My awesome parent volunteer did most of the leg work for me.  Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Theresa Velazquez
    Spanish Teacher
    Theater Director and Speech Team Coach
    Duchesne High School
    St. Charles, MO

• 7.  RE: Little Shop Plant

Posted 10-19-2018 10:19
    We have all of the plants and we rent them for around $700. Located in Kansas City!
    My email is kellym@hickmanmills.org

Kelly Michale
    Kansas City MO

• 8.  RE: Little Shop Plant

Posted 10-19-2018 10:51
    We're in PA - and we have our own set of puppets also.   They were in need of some repair - and the current group using them has experience with Disney and Hershey's Chocolate World - so they are fixing them up in exchange for a rental fee.   So they should be in tip-top shape when they are returned.  Our rental rates are very reasonable - and we arrange a timeline so that you can have them for the bulk of your rehearsal process, not just for a week or two ahead of opening night.  Keep me in mind if you're in the Northeast!

Melissa Mintzer
    Willow Street PA