Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  4F One Act

Posted 02-14-2017 11:46
    Can anyone recommend a one act for 4 females? I'm doing a night of one acts with my theatre 2 classes, and one only has 4 girls in it (and a guy, but he's literally turned in nothing all year). I was going to do "Lives of Great Waitressess" from "Finger Foods", but its way too short.

The other group is doing "Bad Auditions by Bad Actors", so it's really funny. I'd like something along the same lines. 2 of the girls are really strong. Minimal set since it'll be in my blackbox.

Please help!

------------------------------
    Heather Cribbs
    Theatre Director
    New Smyrna Beach High School
    New Smyrna Beach, FL

• 2.  RE: 4F One Act

Posted 02-15-2017 06:07
    There's a really good one-act called The Eden Echo...4 female roles and even one male. If you're including him that would be a fun one. 

• 3.  RE: 4F One Act

Posted 02-15-2017 08:24
    Good Morning, Check out one acts by Wendy Macleod. Her one act "The Shallow End" features four girls about 15 years old. It starts out with some dark and sarcastic humor that soon turns nasty. I would classify it as "dramedy". It explores bullying and choosing friend groups wisely. The set is simple. Split scene with girls SR and SL on different areas of a "pool deck" at the end of school/beginning of summer. A couple of towels and a couple beach chairs are all that are required for the set. I directed this twice including once for a one act competition and the play was adjudicated superior with competent but not extraordinary actors. If you have two outstanding girls, I would put one in the thoughtful and bullied "Marjorie" roll and the other either as "Addie" who is the girl making the choice between hanging with the "cool" mean girls or choosing to reach out to Marjorie. 

Language is mild but there is crude humor as well as some discussion of bodily functions that is frank. However, i would rate it PG at worst.

Running time is around 25 -30 minutes.

Cheers,

William J. Eyerly, Ph. D, Ed. D
    Director of Fine & Performing Arts
    Canterbury School
    Executive Director
    Gainesville Association for the Creative Arts
    Fort Myers, FL

• 4.  RE: 4F One Act

Posted 02-17-2017 15:07

We did ellenalicemonajune from Malled a couple years ago.  It was a fun show to work with.

https://www.theatrefolk.com/products/ellenalicemonajune

Laura Steenson
    Theatre Director
    Reynolds High School
    Troutdale OR