Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Impacting School Climate

Posted 05-02-2019 08:45
    My superintendent has come to me, or my "creative mind" to help her with her goal in impacting our school climate.  And yes, I am super flattered! But I am finding I am way more "resourceful" than "creative", so here I am seeking your advice.  We are a very small, close community, and our kids are outstandingly cohesive and loving.  We want to embrace the love that our students and faculty already have for one another and let that light influence more throughout all that our school does during the year.  We are a unique system, K-8 and 9-12 on an adjoining campus. We are the only school in the district. (More pine trees than people in our county!)

I am seeking ideas on how your schools promote a positive school environment.  Events? Bracelets? Posters? T shirts? Publications? etc. We now have a new slogan that much more catchier than our last: "The Right Size for Success", and we are looking for ways build a positive culture around that slogan. Even though I am not a major fan of social media, on a personal level, on a community level, I know it is important in cultural movements, so maybe #rightsize or #schoolsized but I haven't done my background research on these.   

I also had the thought of using my ITS officers, who are also very respected students in the high school, as maybe leaders in this process. I have read that one thing that significantly impacts climate is giving model students empowerment, a voice of impact.  ​​​

Any ideas or advice is greatly appreciated as I am looking into our next school year! And excited that my group of leaders can possibly become school wide leaders!

------------------------------
    Analiese Hamm
    ECHS Drama Director
    Statenville GA
    ------------------------------