Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Shoes for Lurch Addams Family

Posted 03-08-2021 07:57
    Anyone who has done the Addams Family musical, can you tell me what (and from where) you purchased to attain Lurch’s height? We are having challenges finding something.

Many thanks!!

• 2.  RE: Shoes for Lurch Addams Family

Posted 03-08-2021 15:36
    I am currently directing the Addams Family and we purchased dry wall stilts

------------------------------
    Kathy Cannnarozzi Harris
    Theater Director - Mission Viejo HS
    VAPA Coordinator K-12
    Saddleback Valley USD
    Mission Viejo, CA

• 3.  RE: Shoes for Lurch Addams Family

Posted 03-09-2021 07:54
    We bought platform shoes for our Lurch to wear.  It was a bit of a challenge since he wears a size 11!  I'm happy to provide pictures, and possibly the source, if you're interested.  We also worked with drywall stilts (which someone else mentioned in their response) for the Giant in Cinderella and those were great so you may be on to something with those.

Maria Karres-Williams
    Upper School/Middle School Theatre
    Holy Innocents' Episcopal School
    Atlanta, GA

• 4.  RE: Shoes for Lurch Addams Family

Posted 03-09-2021 09:51
    We used the Funtasma platform boots . They're pricy but did the job well. Our Lurch was 6' to start with.  Drywall stilts would be another option.

• 5.  RE: Shoes for Lurch Addams Family

Posted 03-09-2021 09:52
    We used these boots and the worked out great. They also made the Lurch walk even better. https://www.amazon.com/Demonia-Sta201-Ankle-Bootie-Leather/dp/B01NAWO4T3/ref=sr_1_25?crid=101JVOXLSE41&dchild=1&keywords=demonia+platform+boots&qid=1615301421&sprefix=demonia+%2Caps%2C174&sr=8-25

Elizabeth Nelson
    Bishop Miege High School
    Theatre/Video Production Teacher
    Shawnee Mission, KS

• 6.  RE: Shoes for Lurch Addams Family

Posted 03-11-2021 15:40
    Just a quick warning about ordering those Demonia stack boots--which look so cool! 

I did a Google search and found the cheapest pair by far was listed on Wish. 

Beware!  I have finally given up on getting the correct size of elastic I ordered through Wish a couple of months ago.  They had the cheapest price on 1/4" elastic, but they sent me 1/8" elastic.  I complained, sent pictures, etc., and they refuse to make this right. 

I certainly wouldn't trust Wish with a costume shoe order!

CJ Breland
    Retired Theatre Arts Educator

• 7.  RE: Shoes for Lurch Addams Family

Posted 03-10-2021 15:17
    We bought flip flops in the right shoe size, ripped the tops off, and glued them together as tall as we wanted. We then glued those to the bottoms of the shoes Lurch would wear. Then used black tape (gaff tape maybe? or duct tape?) around the whole structure to give it a uniform look. It actually worked pretty well and was super cheap.

Lindsay Hearn Brustein
    St. Stephen's Episcopal School
    Austin TX