Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Cinderella Enchanted

Posted 02-06-2018 10:36
    We are currently producing the enchanted version of Cinderella with my high school.  I'm really getting hung up on the mice, dove, cat.  I've cast actors in the spots, not sure how to costume or approach the transformation.

Any help, ideas (I'm out of them), are welcome.

------------------------------
    Charles Bradley
    Teacher
    Southeast Dubois School Corporation
    Ferdinand IN

• 2.  RE: Cinderella Enchanted

Posted 02-06-2018 11:16
    We produced the Cinderella Enchanted this fall, and I had the girls wear white yoga pants and t-shirts and put on mouse or cat ears and nose, then just take them off and pull the carriage as horses.  The doves, I had boys wear black pants and a white t-shirt with doves' wings, which they exchanged for a suit coat when they became horsemen.
    I bought the ears and wings for 5-10$ apiece on Amazon.  

I was going to use full costumes for the transformation, but I honestly felt this worked fine and didn't cost money and wasn't much hassle.

Janette Clark
    Drama Teacher
    Minneapolis KS

• 3.  RE: Cinderella Enchanted

Posted 02-07-2018 10:03

For the mice, we did puppets that sat on a window sill beside Cinderella's chair.  The actors were on the other side of the window.  During the transformation the actors walked out had a horse mask or footman costume on.  Here is a link to what we used.  I hope you find something that works for your production!

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00000K5CK/ref=dp_olp_0?ie=UTF8&condition=all

Rachel Ferrari-Engel
    Pittsburgh Brashear High School
    Photography/Theatre
    Pittsburgh Pa

• 4.  RE: Cinderella Enchanted

Posted 02-07-2018 10:14
    We are currently doing that show, as well.  I've double cast those parts.  We really wanted to include and encourage our younger students to consider doing theatre when they get to the high school, so we did a dance call audition for elementary students who are also in dance class and cast them as the cat and the 4 mice.  My choreographer also really wanted a dove who could do pointe and so we found a high school dancer who is trained in ballet and pointe.  But I am going to use different cast (from the main ensemble) to be the transformed characters in "Impossible."

Lynda Gibson
    Teacher
    Flushing MI

• 5.  RE: Cinderella Enchanted

Posted 02-07-2018 10:34
    We are currently working on this as well.  I am not "transforming" the mice and cats.  My FGM is gesturing behind set pieces and I am using a flash pot effect.  Then my actors (I am also using elementary students for this) with step out and their costumes (borrowed this from the movie) will me human with ears and tails built in.  I really want the dress to have it's own moment and be the only transformation done on stage.

Myndee Washington
    Director of Theatre
    Millennium Academy
    New Port Richey, FL