Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Storage

Posted 03-02-2017 07:12
    I am currently in the process of convincing my administration to allow us to purchase an outside storage unit as we are severely limited in our current storage space. I have been told that these large metal units can be wrapped with logos and designs so they aren't an eye sore. Has anyone done this or known someone who has a decorated storage unit? From any discipline? I'd like to get pictures as an example of what we can do with ours. 

Thanks!

------------------------------
    Polly Harrison
    Director of Theatre
    Wylie High School
    Wylie, TX

• 2.  RE: Storage

Posted 03-03-2017 11:26
    We just got an okay to build a custom wooden shed on the "patio" area of my classroom (it used to be the old faculty lounge and I"m pretty sure the patio was the smoking section...really old school). We're using Tuff Shed out of Home Depot. They are building it on Friday, but they custom matched the colors to the exterior of the school. It's weatherproof and has double security measures. We were planning on using it for costumes and props, but I'm now rethinking and probably going to use it for extra wood and flats that we are going to reuse and larger props like furniture and our beautiful grand piano prop that I can't imagine a use for in the next 10 shows I have in my head but can't bear to part with. It was just barely over 3 grand. Happy to send pictures after it's built.

Jodi Disario
    Director of Drama
    Willow Glen High School
    San Jose CA