Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  She Kills Monsters YA cheerleader/football uniforms

Posted 09-23-2019 14:11
    We are starting work on our production of "She Kills Monsters -- Young Adventurers Edition." I am trying to figure out where to get the matching uniforms -- if you rented them from somewhere, please let me know from where. Thank you in advance!

------------------------------
    Cora Turlish
    Metuchen NJ

• 2.  RE: She Kills Monsters YA cheerleader/football uniforms

Posted 09-23-2019 15:14
    We bought eight of them from Amazon (yes, they are the Glee uniforms) and have since lent/rented them to all of the local theaters performing SKM.

Cheers,

Kyle Holmes
    Director of Theatre Arts
    Granite Bay High School
    Granite Bay CA

• 3.  RE: She Kills Monsters YA cheerleader/football uniforms

Posted 09-24-2019 14:43
    We got ours from our cheerleading team. They have a box of old uniforms that I pulled from. Worked perfectly. 

--
    ~Kaila Schwartz, BFA, M.Ed.
    she/her/hers
    Theatre Director
    Thespian Troupe Director (Troupe 8201)
    NHS Adviser
    Desi Union Adviser
    Milpitas High School

• 4.  RE: She Kills Monsters YA cheerleader/football uniforms

Posted 09-24-2019 19:39
    Since there is no Athens High School, and since Qui Nguyen went to Ohio University in Athens, we used the OU colors of green and white.  I made green and white cheerleader uniforms, borrowed a football uniform from a school with green and white as their colors, and ordered a green t-shirt with OHIO on the front from the OU store online.

C. J. Breland
    Retired Theatre Arts Educator
    Asheville NC

• 5.  RE: She Kills Monsters YA cheerleader/football uniforms

Posted 09-26-2019 12:25
    Wow, C.J. -- I'm impressed by your attention to detail and costuming prowess! Thanks to all of you for your responses. Our school has neither cheerleading nor football, and one of my cheerleaders is not on the traditional size spectrum, so I think the suggested options here will not work for me. I've decided to buy the uniforms from a site that sells uniforms cheap -- I ended up getting all of them for less than $120.
    https://www.epicsports.com/

Cora Turlish
    Metuchen NJ