Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Show Tracks

Posted 01-08-2019 15:24
    I lost my accompanist last year do to unforeseen circumstances.  I am planning on using the purchasable tracks for my show this year.  Has anyone done this? Would you recommend it or should I try to find an accompanist?  
    Keep in mind my band director never participates, so it is only one pianist and that is it.  I am worried because musicals are difficult and I know I need someone skilled and experienced.
    My issue with tracks are-what happens if a student skips things, is it easy to use, etc.

Any info will help.  Thanks!

--
    Sara Giambalvo
    Vocal Music Director
    Speech and Debate Coach, Theatre Manager
    Herculaneum High School, Senn-Thomas Middle School

NOTE: This electronic mail message contains information that is or may be (a) legally privileged, confidential, proprietary, or otherwise protected by law from disclosure, and (b) intended only for the use of the addressee(s) named. If you are NOT the intended recipient you are hereby notified that reading, using, copying, or distributing any part of this message is strictly prohibited. If you ARE the intended recipient or an addressee, you are hereby notified that copying, forwarding or in any other manner distributing any part of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail message in error, take the steps necessary to delete the message completely from your system and contact the sender.

• 2.  RE: Show Tracks

Posted 01-09-2019 05:34
    Hi,  I'm currently using Rehearsal Tracks for rehearsal only and so far I like it.  I haven't tried to edit anything yet but it is a great tool for rehearsals especially for choreography.

------------------------------
    Linda Urban
    Haverhill MA

• 3.  RE: Show Tracks

Posted 01-09-2019 06:34
    All we use is rehearsal/performance tracks for our shows. We do not have a large band program nor access to professional musicians to play for us (or really many musicians at all outside of myself, the band teacher, and the choir teacher). They work, they don't change, and the kids can use them at home.

I prefer live musicians in case the kids get off track in the song, but I have learned to appreciate the tracks!

Joshua Watters
    Drama Teacher
    The American School of Kuwait
    Hawalli

• 4.  RE: Show Tracks

Posted 01-09-2019 07:26
    I triple love using tracks! I began using them because our show was during band season, so we couldn't use a live pit. Now...I just love the precision. 
    Some shows have tracks already ready to rent and for those who do not...I have had a lot of success with MT Pit. 

--
    Ms. Hillman
    Director of the CAPA Program/Acting Teacher
    Churchill High School
    Livonia, MI

• 5.  RE: Show Tracks

Posted 01-09-2019 08:18
    I have used Right on Cue or MT Pit for the last 4 years.  We've done Catch me if You Can, "13", Urinetown, and Once Upon a Mattress.   I love the program it is easy to work with and has some nice features if you understand music.  So if your music director is willing to spend some time with it they are well worth it and at times cheaper then an accompanist.  There is the issue of timing and if kids get off track but we teach them to stop wait and catch up instead of trying to speed it up.  Good programs and I highly recommend it. 

--
    Charles Puetzer
    Math Department
    Stage Manager
    Michigan City High School
    8466 W Pahs Road
    Michigan City, IN 46360
    (219) 873-2044, ext. 4360
    cpuetzer03@mcas.k12.in.us

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachments are for the exclusive and confidential use for the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read, distribute or take action in reliance upon this message. If you have received this in error, please notify us immediately by return email and promptly delete this message and its attachments from your computer system. There is no waiver of attorney-client or other privilege by the transmission of this message.