Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  TIOS Board of Ed Resolution Template?

Posted 03-01-2018 18:01
    We will be presenting to our school board later this month and would like them to pass a resolution designating March as Theatre in Our Schools Month. Does anyone have a template or have a document that they would be willing to share for this? Our super asked for a resolution model so that they can officially add it to the agenda. 

Thanks for considering! 

Megan Upton-Tyner
    Valley Center High School 
    Troupe #522 

• 2.  RE: TIOS Board of Ed Resolution Template?

Posted 03-04-2018 12:02
    Hi Megan,
    What a great opportunity!  Thank you for developing it.  While at present there is not specifically a model for a resolution I'll direct you to two current resources--on the Theatre in Our Schools page look at both the local news release template and the letters to the editor template. Especially in option two  of the letters to the editor each of the paragraphs could easily be turned into 'whereas' statements that resolutions typically call for. Also you could compile any of the 31 facts into this format, combined with facts about your own school and district. 

Finally for now I am copy the photo of the state proclamation Destiny Sailors achieved in Texas for you to use as a model.  We will certainly add a resolution/proclamation for the TIOS toolkit for next year. And if you would like assistance now with the wording, please feel free to email me directly.proclamation

------------------------------
    Sandra Lundgren
    Director of Marketing & Communications
    Educational Theatre Association
    Cincinnati OH
    ------------------------------