Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Theatre House

Posted 08-28-2017 10:06
    Does anyone know what is going on with Theatre House (in CovingtonKY)?  Have they closed?  I have been trying to call them for 2 weeks - goes straight to a "we are currently closed" message.  The website is also no longer working.

------------------------------
    Rob Gentry
    Director of Theatre
    Perrysburg High School
    Perrysburg, OH
    rgentry@perrysburgschools.net
    419-874-3181 ext 5105

• 2.  RE: Theatre House

Posted 08-29-2017 08:35
    I just ran into the same thing. The url message was to the effect of being down for maintenance and that they'd be back soon. Two weeks, you say? That's a long "maintenance" for a company that relies solely on internet sales. Not a warm fuzzy.

• 3.  RE: Theatre House

Posted 08-29-2017 08:55
    They have gone out of business. It was abrupt. I was shopping in there and went back two days later and they were closed. I have been shopping there since 1974 and this is kind of depressing.

Thomas Peters
    Theatre and Speech Teacher
    The Summit Country Day School
    Cincinnati OH

• 4.  RE: Theatre House

Posted 08-29-2017 09:34
    So sad. I've shopped there since 1975. Wonder if they will have a sale of the remaining merchandise?

John Perry
    Drama Instructor
    Atherton High School
    Louisville KY

• 5.  RE: Theatre House

Posted 08-30-2017 08:28
    I, too was likewise running into the same problem.  And now to hear they are out of business.

Who do you all like for your supplies?  Here are a few of mine:

The Costumer (The Costumer - America's #1 Source for theatrical, seasonal and masquerade costumes plus makeup, wigs, hats, props and accessories.)
    Production Advantage (Quality Theatrical Supplies and Equipment-Production Advantage, Inc.)

And of course, Amazon.com is great.  Set yourself up with a tax-exempt account and you can find lots of great stuff.  And if you can swing the Prime subscription, you can also save great money!

Raymond Palasz
    Auditorium Director/Director of Theatre
    Schererville IN

• 6.  RE: Theatre House

Posted 01-17-2018 11:51

Hello,
    The Theatre House was closed for a brief period last year, but it has reopened under new ownership and we still do purchase orders as well (to make life easy) -- www.theatrehouse.com. 

Thank you, 
    Marty (President/Owner)

--
    Marty Boyer
    martyb@theatrehouse.com
    Covington KY