Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  FL/GA/AL Interested in Chitty?

Posted 03-02-2021 09:04
    So... building Chitty Chitty Bang Bang was my quarantine project this past summer...  And now that we, by His grace, actually made it through a live production season, it is time to bid our friend farewell.  I hate to melt the world famous Chitty Chitty Bang Bang down for scrap!  But we have no where to store it.  It is actually a heavy paper mache over foam board and a wood base. It is 4.5ft X 10 ft, seats four easy, and can even be smoothly rotated by about 3 people on stage with all four passengers inside. There is a tube (muffler pipe) ready for a fog machine hookup, and remote control working headlights, which I will include. (But of course the troupe number tag, I will have to keep!) Anyone interested in purchasing it? Please contact me if you are interested!! Or if you know of a props house in the GA/FL area that may be interested?

Thank you for your help!

------------------------------
    Analiese Hamm
    ECHS Drama Director
    Echols County High School
    Statenville

• 2.  RE: FL/GA/AL Interested in Chitty?

Posted 03-03-2021 11:02
    That thing is sweet! I have some theater friends in the Mobile area, and I'll reach out to see if there's interest.

John Glass
    Playwright, co-founder of Student Plays

• 3.  RE: FL/GA/AL Interested in Chitty?

Posted 03-03-2021 12:24
    Thank you! It was definitely a passion project. I really appreciate your help.

Analiese Hamm
    ECHS Drama Director
    Statenville

• 4.  RE: FL/GA/AL Interested in Chitty?

Posted 04-21-2021 10:05
    I just wanted to put this back on the discussion board!  Chitty is still available and I am open for offers!! Please don't let me send this thing to the junkyard.

Analiese Hamm
    ECHS Drama Director
    Statenville

• 5.  RE: FL/GA/AL Interested in Chitty?

Posted 04-26-2021 09:43
    Hi, Analiese!
    I am interested!! I am in production this week, so it's crazy for me, but can we touch base next week if Chitty is still available? I'm in central Florida. My cell phone is 407-353-7268, and I teach at a small private school in Maitland. 

Thank you!
    Michelle Brightman
    Orangewood Christian School
    407-339-0223 x210

Michelle Brightman
    Orangewood Christian School