Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  NEWSIE COSTUMES

Posted 02-22-2019 00:14
    Someone out there has Katherine Plumbers and Medda Larkins costumes!!! Someone!
    Please! I have no costume shop, no seamstress, no designer. Except me the director.
    I wear all the hats. My go to costume rental place closed - THE LA STAGE ALLIANCE WAREHOUSE.
    This was a devastating loss. Like a flood!
    I am in need of the principal female characters in NEWSIES.
    Anybody out there willing to make a deal???
    LA area if possible.
    Thx!

• 2.  RE: NEWSIE COSTUMES

Posted 02-23-2019 19:12
    Linda at manyhatz costumes is great. 

manyhatz@gmail.com 
    She works with Sacred Fools and did costumes for me for Macbeth at Rolling Hills Prep. 
    Sam

------------------------------
    Sam Robinson
    Theatre Teacher
    San Pedro CA

• 3.  RE: NEWSIE COSTUMES

Posted 02-25-2019 09:10
    I too wear all the hats!! I feel your pain!  Check out ebay! It is always my go-to for costumes. You'd be surprised at what time period costumes you can come across.  Type in "Edwardian" or "Victorian dress" to search. Victorianchoice2009 is one of my favorite sellers, and the dresses are beautiful!! They also put them on auction, so I have purchased several for right at $50!  And you can't beat the price of the petticoats from sellers out of china (though they take about a month to ship).  Also, put in a search on Etsy if your budget is a little more friendly than mine.  Really awesome small businesses on there that hand-make costumes for cosplay and such. 

I had  a character similar to Katherine, similar time period, from a Wright Brother's show, and I got away with pairing a lace Victorian style, high neck white top from Goodwill, a dark brownish-green maxi skirt, a petticoat and boaters straw hat from eBay, and I just made my own corset belt out of some scrap fabric and coat hanger for boning! It surprisingly turned out beautiful!

Analiese Hamm
    ECHS Drama Director
    Statenville GA

• 4.  RE: NEWSIE COSTUMES

Posted 02-26-2019 06:15
    We open with Newsies on Friday night and we have a bunch of stuff that we pulled from our stock or made, including Medda and Katherine. let me know if you would like to see what we have and I can box up and ship to you for a possible rental if interested. We also have newsboy bags, jeff caps, and suspenders if needed.

James Fry
    Director of Student Life and the Malvern Theatre Society
    Malvern, PA

• 5.  RE: NEWSIE COSTUMES

Posted 02-27-2019 12:16
    Thank you James and everyone who replied to this p[ost.
    I am still trying to find someone local but I will keep all your suggestions and offers alive.
    Thank you. Thank you.
    Kristin Duerr
    Director of Drama
    Notre Dame Academy
    Los Angeles, CA