Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Theatre Ed pro Click to teach lessons

Posted 01-19-2021 21:01
    Hey all,
    A quick question, with the click to teach lessons how are you assigning them? Copy and paste the materials? Giving a link to the lesson? I'm just wondering if I'm missing a part. Thanks.

------------------------------
    David Ellis
    Drama and Language Arts Teacher
    Auburn Mountainview High School, Auburn, WA.

• 2.  RE: Theatre Ed pro Click to teach lessons

Posted 01-22-2021 13:31
    I generally take the material and insert it into a PPT or Nearpod.  I think create my own assignment instructions documents to add or adjust as needed for my different grade levels and/or skill levels.

Joel King

• 3.  RE: Theatre Ed pro Click to teach lessons

Posted 01-22-2021 15:15
    Hey David,
    This is Cory Wilkerson. It is super easy to assign your students the lessons.  The best way is to just copy and paste the url to give them the link to the lesson.  You can also copy and paste the info into a doc and embed it in your Google classroom.

Cory Wilkerson
    Education Manager
    Educational Theatre Association

• 4.  RE: Theatre Ed pro Click to teach lessons

Posted 01-22-2021 18:11
    Thanks all,
    That's basically what I'm doing. I was wondering originally if I shared the link would the students have access to it, because I needed to sign in to see it. I now know they can. I'm breaking it down and tweaking some of it and putting it into google docs to assign in Google classroom and posted the link to the full project as an overview. It also allows the students that want to work ahead on their own and I take the rest step by step and demo.
    But it's so awesome because I'd seen the labs last summer and saved the links to create an assignment/project using them but hadn't got around to it yet. I saw this and was like, "Eureeka!"  Perfect!  Thanks to everyone that put these together!
    This also will work when we get back in person as well because it's not always easy to get 30 kids into the theater to do this.

David Ellis
    Drama and Language Arts Teacher
    Auburn Mountainview High School, Auburn, WA.