Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Chrome book app for video editing

Posted 04-03-2020 11:27
    Good morning, everyone!  As we are hibernating, I have assigned my advanced theatre kids an assignment where they have to write and perform a play, portraying all of the characters themselves.  We had spent the semester working on character development, and I thought this would be a fun way for all of that to come together.  My issue is that we use chromebooks in our system, and I have no idea what video editing apps are out there to help my students put their work into a finished product.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!  

And now to go search!

------------------------------
    Art isn't easy. - Sondheim
    J. Michael Beech
    Gastonia NC

• 2.  RE: Chrome book app for video editing

Posted 04-03-2020 12:52
    In Windows 10 there is a simple Video Editing program as part of the Photos app. It is not fancy, but will do the trick. If students have older computers they may still have MovieMaker on them.

I hope that helps.

Michael Butterworth
    Drama Director
    Snoqualmie WA

• 3.  RE: Chrome book app for video editing

Posted 04-04-2020 07:32
    Hi,

I've been using WeVideo for about 3 years now and really like it.  It's cross Platform (works on a Mac, PC, or Chromebook).  It likes the Google Chrome browser best and will also integrate with Google Classroom/Google Drive.  They're offering schools deal right now.

https://www.wevideo.com/blog/for-schools/wevideo-offering-support-to-schools-affected-by-covid-19

Lynda Gibson
    Director
    Troupe 2829
    Flushing High School
    Junior Troupe 88305
    Flushing Middle School

• 4.  RE: Chrome book app for video editing

Posted 04-04-2020 15:57
    I used Wevideo’s online editing platform with my students very successfully with chrome books. I have used both the free account and a class account.

• 5.  RE: Chrome book app for video editing

Posted 04-06-2020 18:41
    WeVideo is really easy to use. It is usually $299 per year, but there is a link about Covid at the top of the page, and you can request free access. I put in a request this morning and was approved within 30 min.  It's very simple to use, and compatible with Chromebooks.

Update: After I posted this, I read through the rest of the thread and saw that several others suggested this as well.  Sorry.

Lisa Ronca
    Ballard High School
    Huxley, IA