Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  PCPA's Teachers' Weekend

Posted 08-01-2018 20:25

PCPA Pacific Conservatory Theatre in Santa Maria, California, invites Theater Teachers and Industrial Arts Teachers to participate in PCPA's Teachers' Weekend.

Teachers' Weekend will take place on August 25th & 26th, and there are three different pricing options.

Saturday and Sunday for $100 (includes tickets to Arcadia and Mamma Mia)
    Just Saturday for $75 (includes tickets to Arcadia and Mamma Mia)
    Just Sunday for $50 

The weekend includes: Workshops with professional actors, directors, and designers, observing a class in PCPA's Conservatory program, and attending PCPA's productions of Arcadia and Mamma Mia.

More information about PCPA can be found at www.pcpa.org

If you would like to reserve a space, please follow this link to a secure online registration form. http://pcpa.org/boxoffice/teachersweekendform.html

The weekend is designed to introduce theatre teachers and industrial arts teachers to the immersive mentor/apprentice atmosphere of Conservatory training in a Professional environment.  The teachers will observe and work with Professional Actors, Directors, and Designers who have a passion to teach.  

If you have any questions, please feel free contact Erik Stein at casting@pcpa.org or call (805)928-7731 ext 4119

Please feel free to share this invitation with your friends and colleagues.

Here is a draft of the schedule:

Saturday, Aug 25
    9:00 am Welcome - In the Marian Theatre Lobby

Continental breakfast (we provide)   

9:45 Introduction to the Acting and Technical Theatre Programs in the Lobby
    10:15 Tour the Theater

10:45 Audition Workshop in the Severson Theatre (Observe. You do not need to prepare any material)

12:15 Lunch (on your own)

1:15 Meet at the box office
    1:30 Arcadia

4:30 Break

-Dinner on your own-

7:30 Receive tickets at the Solvang Box office

8:00 Mamma Mia

10:30 Return to Santa Maria

Sunday, Aug 26

9:30am Continental Breakfast (we provide)

10:00 Observe (and take part if you wish) a class in the conservatory (Viewpoints- a movement, gesture, and tempo based technique that enhances physical awareness, character development, and script exploration)
    11:00 Technical Theatre workshop (Set Design on a Budget) 

12:00 Q & A - Stump the Technician (How can we be of service to you and your program? i.e. PCPA Actors, Directors, Designers, and Technicians help you solve budget, labor, season selection, and casting challenges ) 

1:00 Goodbyes

Saturday and Sunday for $100 (includes both shows)
    Just Saturday for $75 (includes both shows)
    Just Sunday for $50

Quotes from past participants:

"Heartiest congratulations to you all for a well presented, balanced, joyous, and insightful weekend.  I haven't stopped talking about it yet and I can't imagine I will any time soon."

"This event was very well thought out, carefully orchestrated, and executed with more courtesy and thoughtfulness than I've seen in a long time."

"It was a terrific weekend - a perfect mix of really good theatre, class observation, collaboration with fellow teachers, and Conservatory workshops.  I'm excited to take all of this back to my students."

"I just wanted to thank you for putting together such an excellent weekend for teachers.  I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of our time and am extremely thankful for the opportunity to learn from you and your associates.  The plays were top notch and I was happily taken on the journeys of so many incredible characters... I was in heaven!!  I plan to share everything, bit-by-bit, with my students."

"The extras were beyond marvelous."

"We had such a great time this weekend! Thanks so much for all you and the staff did to make us feel well taken care of!"

"We loved everything about the weekend!"

"I loved observing the students.  I felt like we actually got to see their personalities."

"Thanks again for providing this unique opportunity for us."

"I am impressed beyond words."

------------------------------
    Erik Stein
    Recruitment Coordinator
    PCPA Pacific Conservatory Theatre
    Santa Maria CA
    ------------------------------