Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Best Christmas Pageant Ever/Christmas Carol in a public school

Posted 09-29-2021 07:47
    Two great shows but I'd love to hear your thoughts on doing this particular show in a diverse school setting. The ending might be a bit much but the message is a good one for Best. I feel as though Christmas Carol is a little less religious. I'm just really looking for a hopeful show that is set during the winter. Appreciate feedback.

------------------------------
    Bernadette MacLeod
    East Mecklenburg High School
    NC

• 2.  RE: Best Christmas Pageant Ever/Christmas Carol in a public school

Posted 09-30-2021 07:55
    We've produced both shows in my tenure.  Even performing Christmas Carol many times in various formats.  Our first performance of Carol was probably our most successful in terms of revenue and a wonderful production as we completed it in a minimalistic way-- focusing on costumes and scene work rather than the scenic moments.  Our rehearsal process occurs mainly after school so participation is voluntary; however, we do have some cross over during the day what with tech work, and some scene study.  

I was not a huge fan of The Best Christmas Carol Pageant Ever, however, my students seemed to enjoy working on the production, and it was not one of our most popular productions.

Over the years, Christmas Carol, A Charlie Brown Christmas, and The Crucible have done really well in our December performance slot.

Michael Johnson
    Trinity High School