Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Character Shoes

Posted 03-09-2018 09:40
    We wanted to buy some character shoes for our upcoming show but I wanted to know what color everyone generally buys for their actresses. I have a very diverse cast and I want something that will work for everyone and they will be able to use beyond this show.

------------------------------
    Candice Corcoran
    Kennesaw GA

• 2.  RE: Character Shoes

Posted 03-09-2018 09:47
    In general I have them use black. It is a color that works for almost any show and costume. Occasionally I've had them use tan or nude but, usually, if they have black they're okay for anything.

Shira Schwartz
    Chandler Unified School District
    Chandler AZ

• 3.  RE: Character Shoes

Posted 03-12-2018 05:09
    I always buy tan or nude, and then shoe color spray the ones I use on ladies of darker complexions to match their skin tones better. Especially in a musical,  you want to make their legs look longer and you dont want to draw attention to their feet, especially if you have some untrained dancers. Just my opinion

Floyd Nash
    [Theatre teacher]
    Deerfield Beach High
    Deerfield Beach, FL

• 4.  RE: Character Shoes

Posted 06-26-2018 12:50
    Ok. I more do theater as a hobby so I don't know if I need to invest in a pair of LaDucas(although I hear that they are the most amazing shoes things you will ever put on your feet). It is for a theater group I am in at school and while I definitely want to go into theater, I want to be a producer, not an actor. I do act at school but, sadly, I think my theatrical career will be over in 4 years. 

If I have never danced in character shoes, will I have difficulty if I go right to 3 inches? I'm good at walking heels and LOVE them, I'm just afraid about dancing in them.

Joni Walters
    Denver NY

• 5.  RE: Character Shoes

Posted 06-27-2018 15:47
    Get a pair of junior footlights (Capezio). Try amazon they have lots of good prices for quality dance shoes. They are not that expensive and serve well for most shows. Don't start dancing on 3 inch heels build up to that if you want to continue in dance. Most theatrical dancers use 2" shoes that includes lots of ballroom styles as well.

Break a leg and may all your theatre seats be filled.

Kelly Thomas
    Poteet Pirate Players