Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Shrek Costumes

Posted 01-29-2018 20:22
    We're producing Shrek this spring and would be interested in renting, borrowing or purchasing some of the costumes from fellow Thespians.

Specifically, Lord Farquaad, Shrek, Pinocchio and some of the Knights would be great.  I think we can reasonably create a lot of the other costumes, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Let me know if you are interested.

Thanks a lot in advance

------------------------------
    Michael Johnson
    Trinity NC

• 2.  RE: Shrek Costumes

Posted 01-30-2018 10:05
      |   view attached
    Hello, 

I don't have any for rent, or sale anymore but I thought I could share with you how we created Lord Farquaads costume as it wasn't really that difficult.  

Between me and our costumer, we took umpire knee pads and attached the shoes to the correct location near the knee. The umpire knee pads provided cushion for the performer and protection from the shins up. The costumer then created the body of the costume including the two layered capes. the second layer being black and pinned to the legs. , with the legs being a pair of yelllow stocking stuffed and then stuffed into the shoes and pinned in. I drilled holes into the shoes and through the knee pads to attach the shoes. I made sure to use 2 bolts though so that they couldn't spin in place. 

Just a little tidbit in case you want to tackle it yourself.

Dan Mellitz
    Technical Director
    St Andrews School
    Barrington, RI
    Www.techiegreenroom.com

• 3.  RE: Shrek Costumes

Posted 01-31-2018 10:20
    We did Shrek 2 years ago. I borrowed or rented most of the costumes. I do, however, have a really cool and large horse for Farquaad to ride in on and also the Duloc Greeter Farquaad head we made. If you are interested in renting these let me know. We are in Liberty, SC so not too far away. Horse would need pick up.

Jean Toole
    Liberty High School
    Liberty, SC 29657
    JeanToole@pickens.k12.sc.us

• 4.  RE: Shrek Costumes

Posted 01-30-2018 13:09
    We are doing Shrek in February and renting all the costumes from the The Theatre Company in Upland. We haven't seen them yet but they have a photo gallery on line. They look good :)

Pauline Maranian
    Costa Mesa CA

• 5.  RE: Shrek Costumes

Posted 01-31-2018 09:18
    Hey there!

We have most of Farquaad and some Duloc livery, and probably some Shrek and Pinocchio pieces (I'd have to go dig to get you the specifics). I would be willing to sell for a negotiable price! Feel free to email me at christina.marshburn@wjccschools.org if you are interested and want to see pictures/get more details. :) 

Christina

Christina Marshburn
    Theatre Teacher and Director
    Williamsburg VA

• 6.  RE: Shrek Costumes

Posted 02-05-2018 09:10
    We're doing Shrek this week. I would be happy to rent out any of our sets/ props, costume pieces.Happy to share some pics of our costumes if you are interested in some of those. We also have a pretty awesome horse and Shrek's house is fantastic as well. Our art teacher made those. We're in Charlotte, which isn't too far from you if you are willing to travel.

In addition, we rented our Fiona costumes, Farquaad, Shrek, Donkey from Eastern Costume Company in Salisbury, NC and they're amazing and awesome. I highly recommend Ashley.

Bernadette MacLeod
    Charlotte NC

• 7.  RE: Shrek Costumes

Posted 04-14-2018 16:13
    I direct a middle school drama club and we are doing Shrek Jr. April 30th. We aren't funded so I've been touring good wills and dollar stores but it's a large undertaking. Any help would be wonderful. So I would be interested into looking at what you have to rent.

Martha Blevins
    Louisville KY