Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  ESSER Funds

Posted 06-21-2021 09:12
      |   view attached
    Hi Community, 

EdTA has put out some detailed info on how ESSER funds can be used for theatre and the arts. I'm in the process of working on an "ask" to our district for some of the funding to be used for the visual and performing art. I'm wondering if anyone has done this and if you'd be willing to share your experience? Anyone out there currently negotiating with your school or district for a piece of the pie? What did you ask for? How are the negotiations going? Any thoughts on strategy based on your experiences? I think that I have all the info EdTA has provided and what I'm looking for is personal experiences. I've included an attachment that a couple of arts advocacy organizations that I work with in KY have put together just in case it would be of help to anyone. We also have a pager geared to families. If anyone's interested feel free to contact me. 

Thanks all! Jane

------------------------------
    Jane Dewey
    Director of Arts Education
    Danville Independent Schools
    Danville, KY
    jane.dewey@danville.kyschools.us

Attachment(s)

pdf
    EducatorESSERFunds.pdf   427 KB 1 version

• 2.  RE: ESSER Funds

Posted 06-23-2021 14:30
    I received $7400 for lighting instruments and supplies. I am still waiting for the instruments to ship, but I have received $600 in lamps and ten "2-fers" to increase my options in the FOH. Later I was given another $500 to buy a rechargeable battery system. I had asked for batteries and was told I had $500 to find a rechargeable set up. I ending up spending $495 for nine complete kits. (charger, 16 AA, and an adaptorfor C & D batteries)

Ann

Ann Hileman
    Indiana Executive Board
    Maconaquah High School
    Bunker Hill, IN

• 3.  RE: ESSER Funds

Posted 06-25-2021 13:56
    Congratulations! And you made great use of the funds! Glad to hear your school system include you in the ESSER funding! Thanks for replying - Jane

Jane Dewey
    Director of Arts Education
    Danville Independent Schools
    Danville, KY
    jane.dewey@danville.kyschools.us