Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  College Scholarships available?

Posted 01-27-2019 12:34
    Hello Community!  I have a senior student who is interested in majoring in stage management in college and hopes to find theatre scholarships to help her on her journey.  Does anyone know of any available theatre scholarships--especially with a focus on stage management?  She qualifies for financial assistance, but hopes to avoid a lot of debt.  Thanks for your help!

Ron Parker
    Theatre Educator
    Appleton North High School
    Appleton, WI

Appleton North High School Theatre
    Appleton North High School Theatre remove preview
    Appleton North High School Theatre
    Award-winning, innovative, and diverse high school theatre.
    View this on Appleton North High School Theatre >
    https://www.youtube.com/user/AppletonNorthTheatre

------------------------------
    Ron Parker
    Theatre Educator
    Appleton WI

• 2.  RE: College Scholarships available?

Posted 01-28-2019 13:13
    Hi Ron

Because we recruit nationally at Northern Illinois University, all of our students pay in-state tuition and all students only pay for the first 12 credits each semester (credits 13 to 18 are free).  In addition to offering very generous academic merit awards, we offer tuition waivers for talented students.

Stage managers have the option of taking a BA or a BFA track, depending on the type of training they want.  While we have MFA students in acting and design/technology, all of our stage managers are undergrads, so they get the benefit of working with faculty or guest directors, and actors and designers who in training for professional careers.

We are about 3.5 hours from Appleton, and we love for your stage manager to take a look at our program.  Please ask her to contact me directly.  I would love to chat with her about what NIU has to offer.

All my best!

Tracy Nunnally
    NIU - Professor/TD/Area Head
    Vertigo - Owner/System Designer
    ETCP Certified Rigger/Trainer
    DeKalb, Illinois