Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Virtual Performance Utilizing OBS

Posted 06-23-2020 13:21
    Hello theater teacher friends!

When Covid hit my students were 2 weeks away from putting up Noises Off. We postponed and postponed and finally realized if we were going to perform it would be this summer and it would be virtually. With some work and digging we managed to secure the rights to do a virtual performance and with some much needed help from Andrew Schmedake who I believe did a talk about his process and workflow for a production of The Importance of Being Earnest for EdTA a while ago. 

Anyway. The point is we're doing Noises Off virtually utilizing this format and it's impressive. The skills I'm learning along with the kids are invaluable to not just theater but also film. We are SOOOOO proud of how this show is coming along and how we've utilized this system that we want to share it with our other theater teachers! 

The show is this Saturday June 27th at 7pm Mst. You can purchase a link access at ecarvada.booktix.com and they'll email it to you the day of so you can tune in to view. If you have any questions or would like more info on how we made this happen I'd love to chat! Kgraham@ecarvada.org

Here's my co-directors set up from home to view the stream as we tech tech show.

------------------------------
    Kelly Bidstrup Graham
    Performing Arts Teacher
    Arvada CO

• 2.  RE: Virtual Performance Utilizing OBS

Posted 06-24-2020 09:53

Good morning Kelly,
    Cory Wilkerson here, EdTA Education Manager.  So excited for you and your students that you are trying live streaming!  For anyone who wants to try the OBS broadcasting platform Kelly is talking about you can learn more about it on the Theatre Educator Pro webinar "Tips for Lighting, Recording and Streaming Online Performances".  In this webinar LA designer Andrew Schmedake and director Jay Lee share samples from their production and tell how it is done.  EdTA has created a "toolkit" of webinars about live streaming along with some top ten tips for creating virtual performances.  Find these resources on the Theatre Educator Pro webpage "Creating Virtual Performances". 

Cory Wilkerson
    Education Manager
    Educational Theatre Association
    Palmyra PA