Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Register new thespians?

Posted 04-07-2021 17:57
    I have to say this new web format is not user-friendly in the slightest.  I want to do something very simple: register new student thespians. However, the most I can do is view my current roster (which I can't even print!).  And it took me 15 minutes just to get there.

We are teachers: we don't have time to waste.  These features need to be fixed.  And I would still love to be able to add my students.

------------------------------
    Greg Saum
    Teacher and Director
    Hockinson High School

• 2.  RE: Register new thespians?

Posted 04-08-2021 07:32
    You should be able to register new thespians under "Thespian Society Induction", which appears to be separate from the "My Troupe/School/Org" section.  GIF below.

However, I do not see a way to view/edit a newly created student account before processing the induction. For example, let's say that I create a new student account, but I accidentally put the wrong name and/or email address etc.  How do I fix that before inducting them?
      I do not see a way to print a roster report any more, and it appears that I can no longer edit current troupe members' contact information - only their thespian rank? (pic below)  I'm guessing this is part of the shift towards having all students create their own accounts when they are inducted.  After they are inducted, they become responsible for updating their own contact info?

Guy Barbato
    Theatre Teacher/Director
    Leonardtown High School

• 3.  RE: Register new thespians?

Posted 04-09-2021 10:30
    Guy,

Thank you so much for posting these screenshots. To answer your questions...

• Once you've added the student(s) to your roster in the first step of the induction process as you've shown in your GIF, you aren't able to edit that record currently. The goal is to encourage students to be logging in and finishing their profile updates on their own, removing that burden and any PII conflicts/responsibilities from you, the teacher. If you do find that you've made a typo when entering the information, please just reach out to MEMBERS@schooltheatre.org or call 513.421.3900, ext. 1 and we will gladly update for you.
    • There's a feature that we removed from the production environment to debug which allows you to import a roster of students using an Excel .csv file. We look to get that back up and running ASAP too.
    • In order to view your current students, you'll want to click on the "My Troupe/School/Org" menu option you see on the left side of your screen shots, then click on the three dots next to your school/troupe, and select "Manage Roster". Our developer is currently working on the Print Roster feature. This was something we knew would be needed, especially as we got closer to spring rush season. We expect to have this functionality live in the coming weeks.

Please keep these questions coming so that we can respond and help each of you navigate the change to this new membership portal. We also welcome feedback so that we can improve the member experience along the way. Much like what happened to all plans in 2020, the rollout of this new database suffered from its own challenges and setbacks, and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience to you, our members.

As a result of this and the other threads on the subject, we'll be scheduling several live town halls where you can work 1-on-1 with members of our staff through Zoom screen sharing so that we can address general and specific issues you might have with the system. We'll post more information on these here in Community, via email, and on social media. Stay tuned!

Thank you for your patience and your flexibility as we work to better serve you.

Sincerely,

Hans

Hans Weichhart
    Chief Membership Officer
    Educational Theatre Association
    Cincinnati OH

• 4.  RE: Register new thespians?

Posted 04-09-2021 08:25
    Agreed

Crystal Hill
    Drama Club Adviser
    Clyde Senior High School

• 5.  RE: Register new thespians?

Posted 04-09-2021 10:45
    Greg,

I hear your frustration with the new system and I sincerely apologize. I can promise you that our goal is not to make things harder or inconvenient for you on top of teaching, directing, producing, and everything else you have to deal with in your daily lives.

If you haven't checked out the video tutorials and resource guide to help navigate the new membership portal, be sure to click here:

https://www.schooltheatre.org/membership/how-to-use-membership-portal

Please also see my response to Guy below for some more information on updates to the print roster feature that is coming soon. In the meantime, you can always reach out to our awesome member service center team and they'll gladly provide you with a roster of your members. Just email MEMBERS@schooltheatre.org of call 513.421.3900, ext. 1.

Thank you for your patience and your continued commitment to shaping and recognizing lives through theatre education.

Best,

Hans

Hans Weichhart
    Chief Membership Officer
    Cincinnati OH

• 6.  RE: Register new thespians?

Posted 04-18-2021 12:15
    I spent 30 minutes trying to figure out how to do all of this and now finding I have to go back and add student emails is very time consuming. This helped, but it's a lot for teachers to track.

Alex Moore
    Theatre Arts Director
    St. Cloud High School

• 7.  RE: Register new thespians?

Posted 04-18-2021 18:41
    Hello Alex,

Thank you for posting and thank you for emailing MEMBERS@schooltheatre.org. You should not have had to do this in two steps, so let's get you on the phone with our service center to troubleshoot exactly what the issue is.

If you could reply via the email you sent with some times you have available this week, we'll be happy to help you through this.

Have a great rest of your Sunday!

Hans Weichhart
    Chief Membership Officer
    EdTA | ITS

Sent from my iPhone

Hans Weichhart
    Chief Membership Officer
    Cincinnati OH

• 8.  RE: Register new thespians?

Posted 04-29-2021 15:08
    I have nothing helpful to offer here but just wanted to say I FEEL YOU! I have spent the last 15 minutes just trying to find my roster before I finally Googled it and found this thread. It's good to know I'm not the only one who was confused by this change. It was very frustrating. 
    Cheers
    Brooke Wolting
    La Quinta High School

Brooke Wolting
    Teacher
    La Quinta High School