Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Comedic Monologue

Posted 11-16-2017 09:28
    One of my male students is having a difficult time finding a 1 minute comedic monologue for his college auditions.  The suggestions I have had for him show up on sites for the most overdone monologues.  We are looking for something different. It must be from a published play.  Your help and expertise would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

--
    Jill Gable
    South San Theatre Teacher/Director
    977-7400 Ext. 7772

"Logic will get you from A to B.  Imagination will take you everywhere."
                                                                                                                                          –Albert Einstein

• 2.  RE: Comedic Monologue

Posted 11-17-2017 19:40
    The Violet Hour by Richard Greenberg. "It's the same thing every night. I return home to my garret after my day of this, and I ask him dutifully, 'Would you like to be walked?'" I absolutely love this monologue. A student did it for auditions a while back, and it's definitely stuck with me. Hilarious.

------------------------------
    Victoria Chatfield
    Executive Director
    National Theatre for Student Artists
    www.nationalstudenttheatre.org
    vchatfield@nationalstudenttheatre.org

• 3.  RE: Comedic Monologue

Posted 11-18-2017 12:43
    The Fact Checker 
    Comedic male monologue from the play Goodbye Charles
    by Gabriel Davis

I'm not the kind of guy who spends hundreds on a last minute flight back to New York, tears across town, then runs up six flights of stairs and knocks on my best friend's girlfriend's door in order to run off and elope with her based on one crazy, thoughtless, inexplicably romantic night. --  it continues

Emily Griffin
    Drama Instructor and Director
    Des Moines IA

• 4.  RE: Comedic Monologue

Posted 11-20-2017 10:52
    I like the opening monologue from 11 Variations of Friar John's Failure by Yuri Baranofsky. I haven't really seen it done much and I like that it plays the classical angle in a contemporary way.

Shira Schwartz
    Chandler Unified School District
    Chandler AZ