Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Favorite Large Cast Comedy....go

Posted 01-30-2017 12:25
    What is your favorite large cast comedy? (20+ characters) 

I love You Can't Take It With You but can't direct it again.  Thought about The Man Who Came To Dinner, but too similar to You Can't Take It With You...so I figured I would seek your ideas. [No Shakespeare please]

Looking for my spring show next year...wondering what other shows are out there?

------------------------------
    John Rutherford
    Rochester Hills MI

• 2.  RE: Favorite Large Cast Comedy....go

Posted 01-31-2017 07:23

We had a lot of fun with The Mouse that Roared.

Kristen Statt

English 10, Theater Arts, Acting I, II, III

Thunderhawk Theater Director

755-7211 ext. 15147

*******PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL ************ 

This electronic message transmission contains information from the  Lakota Local School District that is privileged, confidential or  otherwise the exclusive property of the intended recipient or the  Lakota Local School District.  This information is intended for the  use of the individual or entity that is the intended recipient.  If you are not the designated recipient, please be aware that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this electronic in error, please notify us by telephone(513) 644-1200, collect, or by electronic mail email@lakotaonline.com and promptly destroy the original transmission.  Thank you for your assistance.

Lakota Privacy Disclaimer

PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL This electronic message transmission contains information from the Lakota Local School District that is privileged, confidential or otherwise the exclusive property of the intended recipient or the Lakota Local School District. This information is intended for the use of the individual or entity that is the intended recipient. If you are not the designated recipient, please be aware that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail in error, please notify us by telephone(513) 644-1200, collect, or by electronic mail email@lakotaonline.com and promptly destroy the original transmission. Thank you for your assistance.

Lakota Local Schools

• 3.  RE: Favorite Large Cast Comedy....go

Posted 01-31-2017 07:38
    If you want something more contemporary (and at the same time revive an old tradition), consider Love of Three Oranges or The Green Bird. They're commedia updates by Hillary DiPiano, and I looked pretty hard at those. I might use one next time.

Cassy Maxton-Whitacre
    Theatre Department Coordinator
    Fishersville VA

• 4.  RE: Favorite Large Cast Comedy....go

Posted 01-31-2017 10:34

I try to do a modern, fun, large act comedy every spring.  I know you said no Shakespeare, but we had an amazing run of Midsummer/Jersey.  The kids really picked up on the modern translation, but it still retained a lot of the original dialogue.  And they enjoyed the modern characters as well.

Last spring, we did Ax of Murder.  I'm not sure if it was just the actors I had with me or what, but I have never had such a hilarious show.  We had to stop rehearsal so many times due to laughter.  And the audiences ate it up.  We laughed and laughed!  The show has so many clever lines of dialogue and cheeky characters.  I highly recommend!

Amber Hugus
    Harmony PA

• 5.  RE: Favorite Large Cast Comedy....go

Posted 02-01-2017 05:35
    I had a lot of fun with an adaptation of The Birds from Playscripts.  Greek flavor, modern feel, fun costumes.  We created the birds with tshirts and attaching boas to the sleeves.

Andrea Rassler
    Concord NC