Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Approved Publishers

Posted 08-18-2019 14:57
    Just curious - why are Brooklyn Publishers and Heuer Publishers and Pioneer Drama not on approved publisher list for Thespian Festival Competition pieces?

------------------------------
    Toni Thomas
    English Teacher, Theatre Director
    West Branch MI

• 2.  RE: Approved Publishers

Posted 08-19-2019 09:25
    I understand that list to be publishers that have given permission for their plays to be used as part of IEs without the director receiving individual performing rights for the selections. So you could use a piece from one of the publishers you've mentioned but you would need to get permission from the publisher to perform the piece as part of the IEs. There is an area when you register for ITF to upload such permissions. My interpretation could be wrong and I hope someone corrects me if that is the case.

Kristi Jacobs-Stanley
    Louisiana Co-Chapter Director

• 3.  RE: Approved Publishers

Posted 08-20-2019 09:09
    Hi Toni, 

Kristi is correct. The list of approved publishers have given permission for their works to be used in the IE program. If a publisher is not on this list, it only means that they have not reached an agreement of this type with us.

Any student may request an exception for a publisher not on this list. Instructions on how to submit an exception request can be found in the program guidelines.

Rebecca Wren
    Events Assistant Manager
    Educational Theatre Association
    Cincinnati OH

• 4.  RE: Approved Publishers

Posted 08-20-2019 09:37
    Thank you all for you help!! 

--
    Toni M. Thomas
    English and Theatre Teacher and Director