Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Socially Distanced teaching with little kids

Posted 07-16-2020 07:22
    Looks like I’m going to be teaching theatre to 3rd and 4th grades this year in the socially-distanced classroom. Kids will wear masks and I will have a face shield so they can see my expressions…yikes. I’ve taught theatre to middle school for many years and I’ve taught music to lower school for 20 years - but I don’t have a lot in my toolkit that isn’t very physical and ensemble-based-let’s-all-circle-up kind of stuff. Is anyone else out there ij the same position and I welcome any ideas.

• 2.  RE: Socially Distanced teaching with little kids

Posted 07-17-2020 15:31
    Hello,

I have a wealth of content that I've taught onsite, hybrid, and virtually to elementary students (middle and high school too) since April. It is all suitable for socially distant classrooms. I will be presenting over 20 activities during an inexpensive virtual teachers workshop through the Patel Conservatory (Tampa, FL) on August 8th from 1:00-2:30 pm. Registration for Virtual Drama Download will open soon on the Patel Conservatory website. I am including the virtual workshop description below and hope that you will join me.

Come prepared to absorb over twenty activities perfectly suited for the virtual or hybrid drama classroom. Play your way through technique and performance-based options for a variety of ages. This engaging workshop is perfect for drama teachers looking for virtual or hybrid (onsite/virtual) adaptations and new activity creations.

Have a great night,
    Matthew Belopavlovich
    matt.belopavlovich@strazcenter.org
    Patel Conservatory
    Theater Department Artistic Director

------------------------------
    Matthew Belopavlovich
    Tampa FL

• 3.  RE: Socially Distanced teaching with little kids

Posted 07-21-2020 17:07
    Thank you for the information!  Do you need to make a reservation to attend?

Sandra Davisson
    Venice FL

• 4.  RE: Socially Distanced teaching with little kids

Posted 07-22-2020 12:47
    You can sign-up for the virtual workshop below.

'Virtual Drama Download

Have a great night! 

Thanks,
    Matthew Belopavlovich

Matthew Belopavlovich
    Tampa FL

• 5.  RE: Socially Distanced teaching with little kids

Posted 08-05-2020 03:54
    Yes, I am also a music teacher and teaching primary school kids for the last 5 years. Due to this Covid-19, My school management told me to teach them online and I faced many issues. Now my school will be going to reopen from September but students and teachers have to take many precautions. My school provides us Back to school supplies sale coupons from where we have to buy the mask, gloves, school accessories and musical instruments. I suggest you to also purchase your face shield and other equipment from this store. They are providing a huge discount on each purchase.

Andrew Axel
    Oakland Gardens NY

• 6.  RE: Socially Distanced teaching with little kids

Posted 08-17-2020 14:33
    @ MatthewBelopavlovich

Matthew,

I missed your webinar. Is it still available?

Maria Stadtmueller 
    StadtFamily@Juno.com

Sent from my iPhone

Top News - Sponsored By Newser