Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Dinner Theatre Shows

Posted 02-21-2020 09:05
    Hello all! 

I'm sure this was a thread at some point, but I don't know how to search old threads.

Anyways, I'm looking for some plays for a small(er) cast, mostly female that would be a good show for a dinner theatre setting. I'm open to anything including murder mystery. I'm very excited to hear your answers!!

------------------------------
    Kelly Bourget
    Schererville IN

• 2.  RE: Dinner Theatre Shows

Posted 02-21-2020 11:45
    We did "War of the Worlds" as a live radio show years ago.  Complete with live foley work and it was well-received.  SInce the play doesn't rely on visual aspects the audience could eat and not miss a visiual gag or something.  There are probably lots of fund radio shows out there, this is the only one we've done.

[Drama] [Dan] []
    [Drama Teacher/Director]
    [Dublin Coffman HS]
    [Dublin] [Ohio]

• 3.  RE: Dinner Theatre Shows

Posted 02-22-2020 07:04
    Check out Mysteries by Moushey 

We have been doing a dinner theatre for 14 years and Eileen's scripts are my favorite!

Toni Thomas
    English & Theatre Teacher & Director
    Ogemaw Heights High School

Sent from my iPhone 

• 4.  RE: Dinner Theatre Shows

Posted 02-22-2020 17:42
    Hi, 
     We did an interactive murder mystery last year...Shop til you drop...dead.  We timed scenes with parts of the dinner, the actors mingled with the audience and placed false clues around the dining area. It was very well received.  I believe it was from Eldridge Press.
    We used to do a dinner theatre fundraiser every year. Then we did melodramas.....really corny, short ones, found in the Plays magazine. Anything interactive works well.Cathy

Cathy Archer
    Rutland VT

• 5.  RE: Dinner Theatre Shows

Posted 02-24-2020 09:24
    Hi Kelly! It looks like you have collected some great answers, but if you still want to check out past threads or learn more about any aspect of Community, you'll find tutorials here:
    https://www.schooltheatre.org/communitylanding/newtocommunity

The super quick version: 
    -Just type a keyword or phrase in the search bar ("dinner theatre" will work perfectly).

If you ever have any other questions, feel free to contact me, I'm always happy to help!

Ginny Butsch
    Community Engagement Manager
    Educational Theatre Association
    Cincinnati OH