Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  thank you

Posted 07-18-2017 09:06
    If it weren't for the thank you lines in show programs, the thank you moments at booster meetings and all the many ways we say thanks and such at end-of-the-year banquets (none of which I am any good at btw...) I might not ever remember to thank people... So, I'm taking the time right now...

Thanks, for all the help, advice, prayers, and work that you all constantly provide for me and each other and most of all your kids.  It can be challenging being the only drama teacher in the building <g class="gr_ gr_270 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_disable_anim_appear ContextualSpelling" id="270" data-gr-id="270">and</g> not having anyone else around who <g class="gr_ gr_669 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_disable_anim_appear ContextualSpelling multiReplace" id="669" data-gr-id="669">realizes</g> how difficult this can!  Whenever I tell people I am a theatre teacher they regularly respond with something like, "<g class="gr_ gr_990 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_disable_anim_appear ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" id="990" data-gr-id="990">oh</g>, we'll the kids all take drama b/c they want to." and the brave ones who actually say what they <g class="gr_ gr_1457 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_disable_anim_appear Grammar only-ins replaceWithoutSep" id="1457" data-gr-id="1457">think</g> continue with something like, "that must be so fun!" ('fun' meaning easy).  Lots of times I'll just say, "Yup... usually."  It really is the best job in the world, but it also makes me crazy sometimes. (or maybe it just allows my crazy to float to the top?)  Oh, and I'm so excited to go to my first conference in Tennessee this Fall.

my favorite quote of the year from Dave Burgess in "Teach Like a Pirate":

Kill the inner critic that blocks your creative flow. Surrender your search for the holy grail of perfection. Create freely, liberally, and in great quantities; doing so relieves any one idea of the need to be perfect.

Sorry for the rambling, but I just realized how much this forum helps me out regularly, and how it is such a great place to have a place to go and even when I don't post, I get to see how other folks care, sometimes fail, succeed, re-tool lesson plans, rant about rehearsal issues, choose shows, deal with irate people, and mostly put their hearts out there each and every day!  So, thanks.

dd

------------------------------
    [Drama] [Dan] []
    [Drama Teacher/Director]
    [Dublin Coffman HS]
    [Dublin] [Ohio]
    ------------------------------