Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Point Sheet

Posted 05-14-2020 20:20
    Why is it that the hardest thing to find in the edta website is a Thespian Point Sheet??

I know how to find one but I have to go through several highly unnecessary steps to do this.

Shouldn't that be a simple common link that students and teachers can access?

------------------------------
    William Goldyn
    Theatre Arts Teacher
    Los Angeles Unified School District
    Glendale CA

• 2.  RE: Point Sheet

Posted 05-15-2020 07:25
    Yes. I agree. It's something we all need so it should be easier to find.

Christina Iman
    Teacher
    Ripley WV

• 3.  RE: Point Sheet

Posted 05-15-2020 09:31
    I agree. I'm only one year into ITS, but there are so many different views and places to log in... it is hard to find things that I need.

Pam Lisotta
    Admissions Director/Admin Assistant
    Pope John Paul II High School
    (985) 649-0914

This message has been scanned by the Archdiocese of New Orleans Virus/Spam filter.   ­­  

• 4.  RE: Point Sheet

Posted 05-15-2020 10:48

EdTA is a dynamic organization with scores of vital programs, so it can sometimes be a challenge to make navigation to all of the related information and resources simple and intuitive for everyone. One of our tactics is to consolidate information for members with similar needs onto a single page for easier access. The Thespian Troupe Directors page at https://www.schooltheatre.org/internationalthespiansociety/teachers/troupedirectors serves that function for Thespian troupes. The Junior Thespian Troupe Directors page at https://www.schooltheatre.org/internationalthespiansociety/teachers/jrtroupedirectors does the same for Junior Thespian troupes. We recommend bookmarking your resource page for quick access.  

For the point record sheets specifically, you'll find a download link in the Resource list on each troupe director page.

There are a few different ways to navigate to the troupe director resource pages on the website:

1. Go to the ITS main page at https://www.schooltheatre.org/internationalthespiansociety/home or www.schooltheatre.org/ITS. In the center of the page, find Thespian Troupe or Junior Thespian troupe and click on the Resources link box. There are also direct links to the handbooks.

1. From the ITS main page at www.schooltheatr.org/ITS, click on Teachers in the main menu bar, then click on High School or Middle School to take you to the related resources page.

1. Sign in using your troupe director log-in, then click on the Troupe Business link when it appears at the top right of the page to take you to your troupe dashboard page. There is a link to the correct troupe director resource page in the Access Additional Troupe Resources section.

I hope this helps!

Brian Benz
    Membership Manager
    Educational Theatre Association

• 5.  RE: Point Sheet

Posted 05-16-2020 12:10
    While we are at it, it is ridiculously hard to find things like honor cords and such in the store. The only way I can find what I need is to put in the item number from last year's invoice. If I type in the name of anything, the store can't find it. Isn't there an easier way to shop?

Karen Dean
    --
    Karen Dean
    Director of Theatre
    St. George's Independent School
    1880 Wolf River Blvd.
    Collierville, TN  38017

• 6.  RE: Point Sheet

Posted 05-16-2020 16:22
    I agree.

Pam Lisotta
    Admissions Director/Admin Assistant
    Pope John Paul II High School
    (985) 649-0914

This message has been scanned by the Archdiocese of New Orleans Virus/Spam filter.   ­­