Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Cinderella Rehearsal Tracks

Posted 02-07-2018 10:25
    I am looking for rehearsal tracks for Cinderella Enchanted Edition.  I will be using live accompaniment, but can not aafor a) a rehearsal pianist for our entire production schedule or b) to pay for the orchestration PLUS a music service like ROC.  I have tried various cast recordings, but none of them are close enough to the score.  I am on a very limited budget, and I need to focus my resources on the transformation....can anyone be my "Fairy Godmother (father)" and help me out?

------------------------------
    Myndee Washington
    Millennium Academy
    Spring Hill FL

• 2.  RE: Cinderella Rehearsal Tracks

Posted 02-08-2018 06:01
    We just did Cinderella in the fall, and I have to say that the RehearseScore from RMS was by far the cheapest option in terms of rehearsal accompanist.

I'm a professional pianist as well, and you can't beat the price for unlimited use- not to mention that students are also able to download and use the tracks at home. It's invaluable for the choreographer as well, who will be able to hear it as it should sound, at any tempo they'd like. If you were to try to hire an accompanist that would work for that fee, you'd likely be getting a college student who may not be quite as practiced or reliable for rehearsals.

Julie Ann Hawk
    Theatre Director, Troupe 2259
    Eleanor Roosevelt High School
    Greenbelt, Maryland