Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Joseph/Dreamcoat Question

Posted 05-31-2018 15:09
    Hi folks,

I am directing Joseph this summer and am racking my brain trying to think of alternatives to the standard chariot. We live in Kentucky so I thought of a harness racing cart, but can't find one I can afford OR paint gold. Has anyone ever come up with a clever idea for a different kind of chariot?

• 2.  RE: Joseph/Dreamcoat Question

Posted 06-01-2018 08:01
    We used a scooter, spray painted gold and had stick horse attached to the handles.  It was quite a hit with our audiences.

------------------------------
    Jeffrey Hudkins
    Falling Waters WV

• 3.  RE: Joseph/Dreamcoat Question

Posted 06-01-2018 13:33
    ​We decided not to use the chariot. I love the scooter idea and very inexpensive.

Crit Fisher
    Lighting/Sound Designer
    New Albany High School

• 4.  RE: Joseph/Dreamcoat Question

Posted 06-04-2018 07:08
    We made the carriage for "Cinderella. It wasn't that difficult. I followed the designed (what I could see of it) from YouTube videos of the Broadway production. The visible wheels were ornamental (we had a dad with a scroll saw make them), and the weight was actually on casters. It's very doable.

Mike Corliss 
    Stevenson H.S.
    Livonia, MI

• 5.  RE: Joseph/Dreamcoat Question

Posted 06-05-2018 06:03
    When we did it in college Joseph’s chariot was a banana seat bicycle painted gold that he rode down one of the isles in through the audience. The director also had the guards costumed as life guards and Jacob came out of pup tent in the beginning. I thought it was funny and clever.

Sent from my iPad