Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  The Fantasticks Script

Posted 10-10-2017 15:22
    I have someone taking a monologue from The Fantasticks and we can't find an actual script anywhere online. Do any of you have any suggestions where we can find one?

------------------------------
    Heather Cribbs
    Theatre Director
    New Smyrna Beach High School
    New Smyrna Beach, FL

• 2.  RE: The Fantasticks Script

Posted 10-11-2017 03:08
    Music Theatre International is the publisher.  

Kathleen Conner
    California State Thespians CFO

Sent from my BlackBerry Smartphone on the Verizon 4G LTE Network

• 3.  RE: The Fantasticks Script

Posted 10-11-2017 08:32
    Hi Heather,

You can order a perusal script from MTI. They have the rights. 

Break a leg!

Will Eyerly

William J. Eyerly, Ph. D, Ed. D
    Director of Fine & Performing Arts
    Canterbury School
    Executive Director
    Gainesville Association for the Creative Arts
    Fort Myers, FL

• 4.  RE: The Fantasticks Script

Posted 10-11-2017 08:37
    Try looking at a translation of the source play for "Fantasticks"- "Les Romanesques" by Edmond Rostand.
    Rick Osann
    Standish, ME

The information transmitted herein is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the e-mail and any attachments from any computer.

MSAD #6 - Bonny Eagle Schools
    Buxton - Hollis - Limington - Standish - Frye Island, Maine
    Helping all students to reach their full potential

• 5.  RE: The Fantasticks Script

Posted 10-11-2017 11:51
    This one? If so and she is auditioning for a college/univeristy or professional job, don't do it! It's usually on the list of "Monologues Never To Do Again."

This morning a bird woke me up. It was a lark, or a peacock; something like that. So I said hello. And it vanished, flew away, the very moment I said hello! It was quite mysterious. So do you know what I did? I went to my mirror and brushed my hair two hundred times, without stopping. And as i was brushing it, my hair turned mauve. No, honestly! Mauve! Then red. then some sort of a deep blue when the sun hit it.... I'm sixteen years old, and every day something happens to me. i don't know what to make of it. When i get up in the morning and get dressed, I can tell...something's different. I like to touch my eyelids, because they're never quite the same. oh, oh, oh! I hug myself till my arms turn blue, then I close my eyes and cry and cry till the tears come down and I can taste them. I love to taste my tears. I am special. I am special! Please god, please, don't let me be normal!

Read more: http://stageagent.com/monologues/578/the-fantasticks/the-girl-luisa#ixzz4vDP4DeRj

John Perry
    Drama Instructor
    Atherton High School
    Louisville KY

• 6.  RE: The Fantasticks Script

Posted 10-11-2017 12:44
    Barnes and Noble online has it on sale for $10.99.