Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  MT Pit v ROCS

Posted 05-02-2017 14:31
    We are about to do our second musical and I was wondering if anyone had advice on using MT Pit v. ROCS they both have Legally Blonde and I definitely don't have access to a live band.  

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

------------------------------
    Annie

• 2.  RE: MT Pit v ROCS

Posted 05-03-2017 03:59
    I've used them both.  I love MT Pit's sound.  The orchestra is full and amazing.   But I just used ROCS for Cinderella (B'way version) and what put them over the top for me was their software.  MT Pit gives you tracks, and as good as they are, all you can do is play them. If you want any changes you have to tell them and they charge you to make any cuts or changes. 
    ROCS software, on the other hand, lets you make any changes right from your computer.  You can make any cuts, change keys, change tempos etc...all in an instant during rehearsals.

I love them both but ROCS has my vote.

Thom Babbes
    Director of Theatre Arts
    Village Christian School
    Sun Valley CA

• 3.  RE: MT Pit v ROCS

Posted 05-03-2017 09:47
    I have used both and for me it depends on the show. MT Pit usually has a better sound, so if the orchestration has a lot of strings, etc I would choose MT Pit. But I agree ROCS software is much more flexible to use and often I have found ROCS to cost a little less, so for more rock or contemporary shows I find the sound difference negligible and have used ROCS. Examples, we have used MT Pit for Peter Pan and Oklahoma, but ROCS for Addams Family and Suessical. Don't be afraid to ask for samples of your specific show, get quotes from both, and compare. It's good to have choices.

Sean Blauvelt
    Arroyo Grande CA