Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Enchanted Edition of Cinderella tracks

Posted 03-29-2019 11:10
    Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone had any leads on where to get full tracks for this show or if using any of the apps are possible that you can rent with the show. I have to use tracks for all performances and (granted I may be missing it) I don't see a link on the rnh website to purchase or rent them. I've never used the apps that are available. Would they work?

------------------------------
    Shira Schwartz
    Chandler Unified School District
    Chandler AZ

• 2.  RE: Enchanted Edition of Cinderella tracks

Posted 03-30-2019 03:55
    I put on this edition of Cinderella last year with my high school kiddos,  & after scouring the internet and various companies we settled with ROCS (Right On Cue Services) & I was very happy with them! There are different packages (if I remember correctly), but we went with the standard one and it worked perfectly for our cast.

Melissa Williams
    Speech & Theatre Educator
    Hallsville MO

• 3.  RE: Enchanted Edition of Cinderella tracks

Posted 03-30-2019 03:59
    I also should add that RnH does not provide a music package for this show, or any at all if I am not mistaken. I found out the hard way as a then 1st year teacher with zero knowledge of how to go about licensing a show... Haha!

Melissa Williams
    Speech & Theatre Educator
    Hallsville MO

• 4.  RE: Enchanted Edition of Cinderella tracks

Posted 03-30-2019 07:14
    I used Right on Cue when we did Cinderella. They are great to work with. 

Toni Thomas
    English & Theatre Teacher & Director
    Ogemaw Heights High School

Sent from my iPhone 

• 5.  RE: Enchanted Edition of Cinderella tracks

Posted 03-30-2019 10:47
    They are available through Right on Cue Services (StageTracks), and possibly through MTPit. I would highly recommend ROCS. Not only are their tracks incredibly easy to use, you can edit wherever you need (transposing, adding vamps and repeats, trimming within a song), and when you do, you hit save and then you can hit “send,” and all other users who have been authorized will get the changes that you’ve made. You can put them on an unlimited amount of devices- free for putting on a computer, or you purchase a 4 dollar app for a phone/ipad.

We paid 300 dollars for rehearsal tracks, as we were using a live band for the show. On Thursday of this week, though, our piano/synth player was injured and we had to scramble. We called ROCS and were able to upgrade to the show tracks, which had all of our saved changes from the rehearsal tracks already there. The total for rehearsal and performance tracks was 750 if you bought them together, so he only charged us the difference, and I had authorization codes in my email within 30 seconds. It took as about an hour to tweak all of the small things that we had never fixed on the rehearsal tracks (extra long lead outs from songs, cutting two 8 bar repeats, etc), and were given personal help by a ROCS representative, who gave us his personal cell number in case we needed him.

We used MT Pit for previous shows. They’re pretty user friendly, but don’t have the functionality or intuitiveness that ROCS does.