Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Keeping Busy During COVID-19

Posted 05-15-2020 09:40
    Hello friends,

Interested in what projects you are doing to keep yourself busy during COVID-19.
    • We have taken apart our set that was supposed to be traveling to Bloomington for ITF. 
    • Reorganized the sound closet, labeling the cables by length and installed posts to hang them 
    • Cleaned and tuned all 28 wireless transmitters
    • Cleaned up the lighting cage, cables, instruments.
    • Vacuumed and wiped down the electrics
    • Put up show photos and poster from the last six years of productions (procrastination)
    • Cleaned the prop closet.
    My producing director found a cool design for a rolling prop cart with led lighting for illumination. Guess what she wants me to do next week?

Any other ideas to keep me sane these last two weeks of school, and over the summer?

------------------------------
    Crit Fisher
    Lighting/Sound Designer
    New Albany High School

• 2.  RE: Keeping Busy During COVID-19

Posted 05-16-2020 07:26
    Could you share the plans for the prop cart? That sounds awesome!

Holly Thompson
    Worthington OH

• 3.  RE: Keeping Busy During COVID-19

Posted 05-16-2020 11:26
    I'm jealous that you are allowed on campus to get all of that work done. If we get permission at our school, it's to run in and run out to grab something from our classroom.

Nancy Moran
    Drama Instructor
    Los Altos High School
    Los Altos CA

• 4.  RE: Keeping Busy During COVID-19

Posted 05-17-2020 19:43
    WOW...you have been busy. I wish we could be on campus for any length of time. I still our spring show set to dismantle, 6 racks of costumes to wash and put back into the inventory, dismantle the vestibule of the theatre from our spring show, Rock of Ages, and put all props back into storage - not to mention all the technical work that needs to be done as well.

We have a 4 shelf rolling rack for your props, but I like your idea of the LED lights to help with finding items.

Be safe and be well!

James Fry
    Director of Student Life and the Malvern Theatre Society
    Malvern, PA

• 5.  RE: Keeping Busy During COVID-19

Posted 05-18-2020 12:21
    I am 100% jealous! We have not been allowed to step foot on campus since March 13th. It's kind of soul crushing, to be honest. All of my senior awards and end of show tradition stuff is in my classroom, as well as the induction materials for 12 kids. I actually spent about 100 dollars on Amazon to get alternate awards (graduation cords, certificate materials, cheap trophies) to use in our virtual awards at the end of the month. Other schools in the area are allowing teachers to go in on a rotating system for 20 minutes at a time to get things out of their classrooms, and are working on similar plans for students to get personal belongings out of lockers, etc. Our district won't make a move until May 31st, when our SIP is lifted, lessened, or reevaluated.

• 6.  RE: Keeping Busy During COVID-19

Posted 05-21-2020 08:14
     The table on the side folds up into the cart. 

Crit Fisher
    Lighting/Sound Designer
    New Albany High School