Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  MTI Streaming

Posted 01-26-2021 16:11
    I'm wondering if anyone has had luck negotiating with MTI on streaming their show through another platform besides ShowTix4U. Their contract states, all streaming royalties will be collected vis ShowTix4U, unless other arrangements have been made with MTI. I reached out to our account manager and was told, "there is no negotiating on this front". It's also been hard to go back and forth with our account rep since they are currently 3 weeks behind in emails. 

We are planning to hold a hybrid performance and I would like to sell all tickets through one platform. We already have an established box office platform that also supports streaming performances. 

I'm curious what others are doing. 

-David

------------------------------
    David Olson
    Events Coordinator
    Sycamore High School

• 2.  RE: MTI Streaming

Posted 01-27-2021 11:03
    We have experienced this exact same issue with several of the rights holders for productions we have done, or are considering. We have been stonewalled at every step. Seems like the first thing each company did was set up a partnership for ticketing / streaming before allowing streaming rights. Communication in this end of the industry was bad before. Now it is flat out non-existent. In one case we did not get a stream code to stream our show until a half hour before our first performance, with zero test stream or experience on their mandated streaming platform. Despite trying to get in touch for weeks. Frustrating. It seems like they are increasingly disconnected from our end of the industry. I am interested in seeing if others were successful in negotiating. 

~Dave

David Simpson
    Performing Arts Center Manager

• 3.  RE: MTI Streaming

Posted 01-27-2021 11:14
    Not sure I can be of help, but we have used showtix4u and I've had a fantastic experience. We did both live and streamed version of the same show and sold tickets to both through them. Incredible customer service and so easy to use. The quality on the video was great and all was smooth!