Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Streaming Performance Length

Posted 04-24-2020 15:29
    I am so thankful for this discussion board. It was through your tips we decided on The Old Man and the Old Moon as our school's first musical. We are having a blast with it- even in quarantine. Also, Broadway Licensing has been so accommodating with the whole process especially all the details surrounding streaming the production. We are planning to film remotely, edit, and stream the production at the end of May but this raises several questions:

1. How long are your streaming productions? For us, 90 minutes feels long for a streaming show and we have been approved to make cuts. What lengths are working for you?

2. Are you live streaming or streaming an edited piece? Is anyone live streaming a talk-back? Where are you streaming (zoom, facebook, youtube)?

3. Is your virtual performance open to the public or just your school community? Is it possible to "attend" and support?

------------------------------
    Christina Vincent
    Director of Theatre
    The Woodhall School
    Bethlehem, CT

• 2.  RE: Streaming Performance Length

Posted 04-25-2020 10:59
    Not sure if this answers last question or not. I know that so many theaters lost needed ticket revenue this spring (including my school). If you are doing a virtual show, take a look at AnwhereSeat as a way to recoup some ticket sales and/or donations. It's in beta tests now, but available. It works for workshops, live streaming and pre-recorded shows. It works with pretty much any platform (vimeo, youtube, or zoom, whereby, etc). 
    Https://anywhereseat.com

Kevin Schneider
    Holland MI

• 3.  RE: Streaming Performance Length

Posted 04-27-2020 13:59
    Thanks Kevin! That's a great resource.

We are thinking about offering the option to make a donation to our local foodbank in lieu of a ticket purchase. Does anyone have any advice for making this happen?

We are also still brainstorming how to do a talk-back to accompany of streamed performance. Has anyone brainstormed a way to do this?

Christina Vincent
    Director of Theatre
    The Woodhall School
    Bethlehem, CT