Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Original Charlie Brown Vs Revised

Posted 08-03-2017 06:26
    Hi we are doing Charlie Brown this year at our high school and I was curious people's opinion on the original vs revised as we have not decided yet. I lean towards revised mostly for the fact that I feel the kids will enjoy it more and it's got a few more modern styled songs. Other thoughts?

---------------------------------
    Dan Mellitz
    Technical Director
    St Andrews School
    Barrington, RI
    ---------------------------------

• 2.  RE: Original Charlie Brown Vs Revised

Posted 08-03-2017 21:39
    I must cast my vote for the revised version. Not only are the additional now staples of this show, but the orchestration is superior in the revised version. I also feel Sally is a more relevant character than the Patty character from the original version. She's not even recognizable to people of older generations. I remember the original version being staged in Orlando. Every review criticized the choice not to use the revised version.

------------------------------
    Hugh Fletcher
    Performing Arts Coordinator
    IS 229 Dr. Roland Patterson Middle School
    Roosevelt NY

• 3.  RE: Original Charlie Brown Vs Revised

Posted 08-04-2017 11:15
    REVISED!!! Not only are the character substitutions better, the edits to the music (expanded opening, fleshier harmonies) and the song additions ("Beethoven Day" and "My New Philosophy") make it a thousand times better. I have done both versions as an actor, and directed the revised at the middle school level - definitely do the revised. :)

Christina Marshburn
    Theatre Teacher and Director
    Williamsburg VA