Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Graduation Honor Items

Posted 03-18-2021 22:26
    Regarding honor cords for graduation, are they only given to those who have reached Honor status, or can they be given to all Thespians? It looks like from other posts on this subject that it is up to the troupe, but with the word "Honor" in the description I wanted to double-check!

I am looking for something that can be given to all Thespian troupe members - whether it be cords, stoles or medals - all of our NHS chapter members are given items to wear so I'd like to do something similar.

------------------------------
    Lisa Emmick
    First Baptist Academy

• 2.  RE: Graduation Honor Items

Posted 03-19-2021 09:03
    Hello Lisa,

I'm hopeful that you'll get some responses from other educators as to how they've honored their students, but I wanted to make sure you and others had the link to the Thespian Shop for all spirit, apparel, and regalia items: https://thespianshop.org/. And don't forget to check out our great selection of trophies from our partners at Trophy Awards: https://recognitionheadquarters.com/.

Thank you for shaping lives through theatre education and honoring your students for their achievements in theatre!

Hans

Hans Weichhart
    Chief Membership Officer
    Educational Theatre Association
    Cincinnati OH

• 3.  RE: Graduation Honor Items

Posted 03-19-2021 09:35
    You are correct that it is up to the troupe director.  Every troupe has their own way of doing things when it comes to graduation regalia, cords etc.

I buy thespian tassels for all of my inducted thespians, and honor cords only for honor thespian and above.  However, you could absolutely buy cords for all of your inducted thespians if you wanted to. I wouldn't necessarily let the word "Honor" stop you, as "The International Thespian Society is an honor society for theatre arts students".

Cheers,
    Guy

Guy Barbato
    Theatre Teacher/Director
    Leonardtown High School