Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Dance Mirrors

Posted 09-18-2019 12:17
    Hi all,
    I got approval to order some portable dance mirrors for my classroom. Does anyone have a brand or company that they've used and liked?

Thanks!

------------------------------
    Cassy Maxton-Whitacre
    Theatre Department Coordinator
    Fishersville VA

• 2.  RE: Dance Mirrors

Posted 09-19-2019 08:04
    We love ours! We use them for dance rehearsals, set decoration (scenes from "Chorus Line" for example) in our makeshift dressing rooms (classrooms) and have even rented them out to other schools' cheer and dance teams. We bought 4 mirrors (4x6) to cover the main performance space of our deck.

I recommend getting the lightweight non-glass versions.  Rose Brand and many other companies offer them.  They seem very frail and flimsy at first, but they are quite sturdy.  Even very small people can easily carry them around so you may not need the models with wheels.

Here's a link to Rose Brand, but you can find similar (and perhaps less expensive) versions at other dance outlets: Glassless Dance Mirrors
    Dance-mirrors remove preview
    Glassless Dance Mirrors
    Our shatterproof, glassless dance mirrors provide brighter reflections than any plate glass, acrylic or plastic mirror. Priced competitively, our glassless dance mirrors are made of highly reflective polyester film that's perfect for use in dance studios, gyms, fitness centers, schools, theaters, and more.
    View this on Dance-mirrors >

Josh Ruben, M. Ed.
    Fine Arts Head
    Northwest Whitfield HS (dba, The Northwest Theatre Co.)
    Tunnel Hill, GA