Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Recommendation on wireless headsets

Posted 11-21-2018 22:53
    I'd appreciate recommendations on wireless headsets. I'd like to purchase a 5 person set and spend no more than $1500.00 Thank you!

------------------------------
    Sonja Brown, Theatre Teacher
    Thespian Troupe 839
    Galt High School

• 2.  RE: Recommendation on wireless headsets

Posted 11-22-2018 09:34
    I bought a 6 person Earth Wireless set last year and they work pretty well with a great range for high school needs.  We've also used them when traveling to one act competition and they've worked perfectly.

Joel King
    Atlanta GA

• 3.  RE: Recommendation on wireless headsets

Posted 11-22-2018 10:53
    Hi...
    I, just this week, got pricing on wireless headsets from Sweetwater in Fort Wayne, IN. Estimate on four (4) complete systems (over-the-ear headset, transmitter, receiver) was $1480. That was for black headsets; to get the tan colored headset mics was considerably more - $1860. Both sets quoted are from quality manufacturers.
    I would recommend sending an email to their sales rep. He's very helpful, knowledgeable, and responsive. No, I don't work for them...haha. :)
    aaron_chandler@sweetwater.com

Good luck!

Thomas Boys
    Musical Director/Drama Club Sponsor
    Argos Jr/Sr High School
    Argos, Indiana USA
    tboys@argos.k12.in.us

• 4.  RE: Recommendation on wireless headsets

Posted 11-22-2018 11:40
    I recently received a quote from EarTec for a 3 headset system and it was about $560.  You wouldn't need to purchase a hub unless you go over 5 users.  So, I think you could easily get a five-person system for under $1000.

Greg Franklin
    Denver NC

• 5.  RE: Recommendation on wireless headsets

Posted 11-23-2018 21:37
    I just bought these a month ago and used them on our fall show. Very satisfied so far. 

--
    CHRISTINA IMAN
    RIPLEY HIGH SCHOOL
    ENGLISH AND THEATER

• 6.  RE: Recommendation on wireless headsets

Posted 11-23-2018 22:11
    Thank you everyone! I appreciate all the information on wireless headsets!

Sonja Brown, Theatre Teacher
    Thespian Troupe 839
    Galt High School

• 7.  RE: Recommendation on wireless headsets

Posted 11-24-2018 12:34
    The Eartec products (and there are a few different models) all represent great value and performance for the money.

The UltraLite series which has been talked about here is available with single or dual headsets (in any combination).  In noisy places you will need the dual ear headset transceivers, in quieter places and for those who need to hear someone not on comms, the single version is best.

The Ultra light can work stand alone to 4 units (master and 3 slaves) to get to 5, 6 or 7 headsets you will need "The Hub".

Your local Eartec dealer should be able to help you and match or better the price of the big-box guys like B&H Photo, Sweetwater, Full Compass etc.  We stock and sell Eartec and are always available by phone, text or email to help you.  We also rent the Eartec systems should you want to "try before you buy".  Actually I just checked B&H Photos price on the provided link, and they are charging $100 more than our webstore price.

For a five headset system - HUB5S (all single ear) our price is $1245 - add $25 per dual ear headset you need.  Again most of the local theatre audio guys can probably help you too.  For the record B&H have this exact system at $1425.

Rod Reilly
    Owner, Bodymics
    908-899-1277
    Somerset NJ

• 8.  RE: Recommendation on wireless headsets

Posted 11-26-2018 12:36
    I'll third (or fourth?) the Eartec UltraLite. Very easy to use, and when there was a problem with a battery, they responded within the day and sent two free of charge.

If you use B&H, make certain you're signed up on the B2B section - it will give you substantial discounts.

Ken Buswell
    Drama Teacher
    Peachtree City, GA
    http://mcintoshtheater.org/

Theater kills ignorance