Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Honoring Thespians Display

Posted 05-24-2019 08:00
    Hello,
    I am a newer troupe sponsor.  My club president and I are trying to figure out a way to honor Thespian membership more than has been done in the past.  We have finally gotten administration permission to wear cords at graduation!  Here's what we want to do.  We want to create some sort of public display - some sort of wall by the auditorium which shows Thespian members and their honors.  Plaques?  Pictures?  Induction certificates???  What do you all do?  Can you attach photos or email me ideas?  If we can come up with something, I am hopeful that the school will support creating a way to honor these kids.  HELP!​

------------------------------
    Amber Hugus
    Harmony PA

• 2.  RE: Honoring Thespians Display

Posted 05-29-2019 08:00

Great question, Amber. I've seen induction certificates lining hallways, down the sides of the theatre, in display cases, in classrooms, etc. They could be grouped by grade as well. One teacher adds stickers for point stars earned (each additional 10 points after induction), honor ranks, and scholar distinctions. The certificates are in order of total points earned. They're framed, line the classroom, and are taken at the last day of school by the students. It celebrates and motivates everyone.

Thanks for wanting to do even more to honor and affirm your students,
    David

David LaFleche
    Director of Membership
    Educational Theatre Association
    Cincinnati OH