Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Bay Area Middle School Position

Posted 06-11-2021 02:22
    John Muir Middle School in San Leandro, CA is looking for a Drama Teacher (0.8 FTE). 

This program went from zero theatre classes in 2016 to five in 2019 and 2020 (four elective wheel classes and one advanced production class). With the extracurricular after-school program I produced two shows a year, The fall play at the school site and the spring musical at the San Leandro Performing Arts Center. (district theatre at the high school campus). I decided on that season format and it can be altered as the new director sees fit. To my knowledge, the 0.8 position will be four elective wheel classes in grades 6-8.

This position comes with district allocated funding and strong support from the administrative team and the staff as a whole. I was allowed to make all decisions regarding the extracurricular program including chartering Jr. Thespian Troupe #89538.

If you are interested and would like to speak further on it please let me know. It is a pretty great gig. It was mine for the last five years and I am only leaving because I am making a positive change to further my career.​

------------------------------
    Mohammed Mangrio
    Theatre Teacher
    John Muir Middle School
    Jr. Thespian Troupe Director

• 2.  RE: Bay Area Middle School Position

Posted 06-20-2021 20:35
    Hello, Mohammed! Feel free to also post your job listing in the EdTA Career Center:
    https://careers.schooltheatre.org/

EdTA members can post a job opening for free, just email me if you'd like the code.

I hope you find someone amazing to fill your shoes!

Ginny Butsch
    Community Engagement Manager
    Educational Theatre Association