Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Wig Cabinet

Posted 08-05-2020 08:27
    Good morning ​all,

I am hoping that someone out there has created this solution and would be able to share their design.

I am looking to build a wig cabinet for our theatre. We already have al the bases and heads constructed, I just need to build the place to store them. With this cabinet, it needs to be able to be enclosed and locked and able to travel.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

------------------------------
    Crit Fisher
    Lighting/Sound Designer
    New Albany High School

• 2.  RE: Wig Cabinet

Posted 08-05-2020 12:12
    How many wigs, and where does it need to travel to?

George F. Ledo
    Set designer
    www.setdesignandtech.wordpress.com
    www.georgefledo.net

• 3.  RE: Wig Cabinet

Posted 08-05-2020 12:30
    she wants it big enough to hold 20 wigs. Would travel in box truck to state or ITF.

Crit Fisher CST, FAST

• 4.  RE: Wig Cabinet

Posted 08-05-2020 17:43

I had a few minutes while waiting for something to load, so here's a quick idea.

The box is 2' x 4' by 4'-6" high including 3" casters. It includes two simple 6" box drawers at the bottom for "wig accessories" and other stuff. The case is "two wigs deep" to give it a more stable base and help keep it from tipping over. The base, sides, and top are 3/4" ply, and the rest can be 3/4", 1/2", or 1/4". I allowed 14" between shelves but it's variable. The dowels keep the heads from sliding around, assuming they have holes on the bottoms. A hasp on the front and metal chest handles from Lowe's or HD on the sides complete it.

Hope that helps.

George F. Ledo
    Set designer
    www.setdesignandtech.wordpress.com
    www.georgefledo.net