Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Radium Girl props

Posted 02-23-2017 19:11

​For those of you who did the show, how did you create the jaw bone in the formaldehyde and the glowing paint on the girls?  Any other special needs you can think of that I should know about ahead of time would be most helpful.

Amy Sando,
    Douglas High School Drama
    392-1543

"Whether you think you can or can't, you're right!"   Henry Ford

• 2.  RE: Radium Girl props

Posted 02-24-2017 09:45
    For the jawbone, I bought a theatrical skull with a removable jaw and placed the ja in an old fashioned large jar I bought at Home Goods. I would gladly mail you the jawbone as a loaner (provided that I can locate it).

We used fluorescent make-up on the girls and when we turned off the lights we turned on our LED lights on a deep blue setting and the girls shone in the dark.

------------------------------
    Thomas Peters
    Theatre and Speech Teacher
    The Summit Country Day School
    Cincinnati OH

• 3.  RE: Radium Girl props

Posted 02-24-2017 13:23
    We got a full-size Halloween skull and popped off the jaw bone. Then we sawed off pieces of it to damage it. The formaldehyde was water colored with yellow food coloring. You have to use enough to just cover the bone or weigh it down because the plastic floats.
    We bought glow-in-the-dark makeup online from Norcostco. We also bought the dark body paint for Von Sochocky's fingers from Norcostco.

Valerie Gargus
    Play & Thespian Troupe Director
    Northern Burlington County Reg HS
    Columbus, NJ