Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Hunchback of Notre Dame Costumes

Posted 03-06-2018 09:40
    Does anyone have them to rent at a budget rate or have a recommendation for a source? 
    Thank you.

------------------------------
    Nancy Curtis
    Director of Theatre Arts
    Troupe 3178
    Virginia Beach VA

• 2.  RE: Hunchback of Notre Dame Costumes

Posted 03-06-2018 13:09
    Hi Nancy,
    I'm not sure what you are looking for exactly.  We just finished this and had lots of long skirts/peasant shirts. We went really simple on most things and I did make 23 "monk robes" and 6 gray "gargoyle robes".  Not real fancy. I think I have some decent photos, but as we just closed last week, I haven't looked at them yet.  I can send you some photos if you like.

Holly

Holly Thompson
    Worthington OH

• 3.  RE: Hunchback of Notre Dame Costumes

Posted 03-07-2018 10:05
    Holly, are the long skirts bright? Would you be willing to lend them? We are doing “Meet Me in St. Louis”, Circa 1904 so we need long shirts in small sizes & high necked blouses. How much do you think the 3rd Class shipping to NJ would be? Our Costume Day is April 13 so we don’t need them for another month?

Maria Stadtmueller
    St. Augustine School
    Kendall Park, NJ

Sent from my iPhone

• 4.  RE: Hunchback of Notre Dame Costumes

Posted 03-08-2018 07:17
    Hi Maria,
    Unfortunately, our long skirts are mostly dark earth tones.   (They are being used for Fiddler on the Roof at a local middle school right now.) But I found an excellent easy pattern that I just ended up using bias tape at the waist on the inside to create a casing and inserting elastic instead of using the waistband.  Also, I looked for a full, gathered skirt pattern, not a fitted-at-the-waist pattern.   I think the pattern was a Burda or See-and-sew from a rack at Jo-Ann's.  

I don't know if that helps.  I usually order my fabric in bulk at Fabric.com and find it's much cheaper to get the large quantities that I need, I just need to plan, as it usually takes a week to 10 days to get the order.

Holly Thompson
    Worthington OH

• 5.  RE: Hunchback of Notre Dame Costumes

Posted 03-07-2018 06:12
    We did it last March and have rented our costume stock for the show all over the country since then.  You can go to our website Home for info or just email me directly.  Here is a link to some pics 2017 The Hunchback of Notre Dame
    Appleton North High School Theatre remove preview
    2017 The Hunchback of Notre Dame
    Award-winning, innovative, and diverse high school theatre.
    View this on Appleton North High School Theatre >

Ron Parker
    Appleton WI

• 6.  RE: Hunchback of Notre Dame Costumes

Posted 03-07-2018 10:04
    ​I did this two years ago and made most of the costumes, though many were simple peasant blouses and skirts. I do have a large supply of beggar tunics that I paired with gray tights. I'm in California, so don't know if it will help. I can send pics if you like.

Ellen Di Filippo
    Tracy CA

• 7.  RE: Hunchback of Notre Dame Costumes

Posted 03-08-2018 16:08
    ​Hey Nancy,

Our sister school just closed it a couple of weeks ago. Reach out to Robbie Steiner, he's the director. Website is below.

Floyd Central Theatre Arts
    Floyd Central Theatre Arts remove preview
    Floyd Central Theatre Arts
    DIRECTOR Horseshoe Foundation of Floyd County Terri Waggoner State Farm Ernstberger Orthodontics Roger & Janie Whaley Weber School of Dance PLATINUM Heritage Ford, Inc. ProMedia Group RE/MAX...
    View this on Floyd Central Theatre Arts >

Crit Fisher
    Lighting/Sound Designer
    New Albany High School