Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Mrs. Marvel Play

Posted 07-14-2021 13:27
    I see an older thread about these plays, but curious if anyone has any updates... 

Has anyone produced A Mirror of Most Value: A Ms. Marvel play? I love that it's a large and diverse cast and seems like it would be a lot of fun, but the messaging is much more "on the nose" than anything I've done before. I'm curious how students and audiences received it.

------------------------------
    Ellie McIvor-Baker
    Theater Teacher and Director
    ------------------------------

• 2.  RE: Mrs. Marvel Play

Posted 07-15-2021 10:27
    Hi
    We piloted "Mirror of Most Value" and another Marvel title for Disney a few years ago. The other title hasn't been released yet I don't think, so I'm not sure if I can talk about it yet.
    But we did them both in the same evening.
    Ms Marvel did not go over nearly as well as the other title.  Both for audiences and our cast members.  Most found Ms Marvel to be too cheesy for high school-aged tastes.  But perhaps reactions would have been different if not being directly compared to the other title (which featured a much more well-known Marvel hero and more mature storyline).

• 3.  RE: Mrs. Marvel Play

Posted 07-16-2021 10:05
    I have read these Marvel plays with high expectations. I was disappointed. They seem to be written well below the level of a typical high school student.