Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Into the Woods Ensemble

Posted 10-16-2019 07:36
    Has anyone ever had an ensemble for Into the Woods? How did you add them? I would like to include the understudies in some way if possible. 
    --
    Sara Giambalvo
    Vocal Music Director, Theatre Teacher, Theatre Manager
    Herculaneum High School, Senn-Thomas Middle School

NOTE: This electronic mail message contains information that is or may be (a) legally privileged, confidential, proprietary, or otherwise protected by law from disclosure, and (b) intended only for the use of the addressee(s) named. If you are NOT the intended recipient you are hereby notified that reading, using, copying, or distributing any part of this message is strictly prohibited. If you ARE the intended recipient or an addressee, you are hereby notified that copying, forwarding or in any other manner distributing any part of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail message in error, take the steps necessary to delete the message completely from your system and contact the sender.

• 2.  RE: Into the Woods Ensemble

Posted 10-17-2019 09:53
    We did the Jr. version a few years ago and I had an ensemble of kids that were "Trees". They reacted, moved, danced, etc. It worked really well and they were able to help create different areas of the woods.

--
    Amy Roberge
    Drama Teacher
    Visual and Performing Arts Chair
    Sawyer MS
    702-799-5980 ext. 3604

• 3.  RE: Into the Woods Ensemble

Posted 10-17-2019 10:43
    I added an ensemble before, they showed up in group songs like the Midnights and Everafter. I had the three little pigs interact with the wolf before he decides to go over little red riding hood. Then later when the Baker saves Granny and Little Red, he also saved the 3 Little Pigs who squealed offstage before granny says her lines.  I found places for them to have small acting bits mostly in transition music. I also was in a production where the director added fairies to be the tech crew but they were actors who moved on and off scenery.

------------------------------
    Alice Hilt
    Garden City KS
    ------------------------------