Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Sponsorships/Patrons

Posted 05-07-2020 15:11
    Hey everyone! I know a number of us to sponsorship/patron drives with local businesses. Given the economy, I was wondering if anyone thought of any additional perks that they might be adding to this year's drive?

In the past I just listed patrons under categories, but was already planning on adding in physical ad space based on the amount. And at a certain level I add in 2 complimentary tickets. But I'm wondering what else I might do to sweeten the deal for them?

I know some won't be able to give no matter what, and that's understandable. But I'm hoping to make it a very enticing offer and gesture of community support if I can offer something for them. Thanks for your ideas!

------------------------------
    Raymond Palasz
    Auditorium Director/Director of Theatre
    Munster IN

• 2.  RE: Sponsorships/Patrons

Posted 05-07-2020 15:49
    Hi! 
    In addition to teaching and directing plays, I am also the Director of Development at our independent school.  The school currently has a Corporate Partner program, so we cannot offer advertising benefits outside of that for our productions, but drawing from that program, here's what would dovetail nicely into a theatre sponsorship:

- Program ads
    - Social Media shout outs
    - signage in the theatre or lobby (we have a banner on a stand that with the logos of all the partners, as well as separate signs on the athletic fields)
    - event tickets/ VIP seating (front row, goody bags, cast meet and greet)
    - opening night "red carpet" event
    - logo on the show t-shirt
    - opportunities to sponsor specific aspects of the production or season ( the show shirt, the program printing, a whole production in your season, materials or rental fees for sets or costumes)

Also think about which businesses in your parent or wider community might be able to offer an in-kind donation for those programs, the t-shirts, a restaurant for a cast party or meals during tech, goodies for concessions, lighting or sound upgrades, in exchange for these benefits.   Many small businesses don't have cash, but have goods and services they may be willing to donate.
    And don't disregard larger companies in your area, even if you have no connection.  Many times corporations can write off this kind of marketing and it makes them feel philanthropic. 
    I am happy to help you brainstorm more ideas or think about how this might be structured. Hope that is helpful!

Elana Kepner
    Theatre Instructor
    The Oakwood School
    Greenville NC

• 3.  RE: Sponsorships/Patrons

Posted 05-08-2020 10:50
    These are great ideas Elana. Thank you for sharing.

Dorathea Kelly
    Derby KS

• 4.  RE: Sponsorships/Patrons

Posted 05-11-2020 09:14
    Wow Elana said a lot. We have  couple rollup banners that have the sponsors of the season listed that we take out to any of our public events. Each night during the show, we take attendance of sponsors in the audience and recognize them during the curtain speech. 

We also have a scroll on our website wit sponsors.

Crit Fisher
    Lighting/Sound Designer
    New Albany High School

• 5.  RE: Sponsorships/Patrons

Posted 05-11-2020 10:48

Wow!  Thanks for the ideas so far!

One thing I thought of over the weekend was to offer to make a 30 second video commercial for them at a certain level.  I have a couple of students, plus myself, who can do some easy video editing of good quality.  They can use it on their platforms, and we can use it on ours.

I am hoping that this will show we are supporting them more than just the usual "please give us money and we'll thank you" format.  

I love the tshirt sponsorship ideas.  I remember thinking about it several months ago as well. 

Projecting sponsors on a screen before the show might be difficult for us (we don't have a permanently mounted projector), but I like the idea of banners or an easel with our sponsors logos on them at the entrance.

Thanks so much for your ideas!  Keep them coming! :)

Ray

Ray Palasz

Auditorium Director

Director of Theatre

Munster High School

8808 Columbia Ave
    Munster, IN 46321

Phone: 219.836.3200

Fax: 219.836.3203 

www.munaud.org 

Adult Executive Board

Indiana Thespians