Open Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Music rights

Posted 02-23-2017 16:27

I am trying to license/ permission to use music ( a Frank Sinatra song and a Drifters song)for the Texas UIL OAP competition.
    Anybody got a simple way of getting this approved?
    --

Carla Rene' Reasoner
    GHS Theatre Director
    3223 Mustang Drive
    Grapevine, Texas 76011
    Office Phone  817-251-5279

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email message, including all attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential student and/or employee information.  Unauthorized use and/or disclosure is prohibited under the federal Family Education & Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. section 1232g, 34 CFS Part 99, 19TAC 247.2, Texas Government Code 552.023, Texas Education Code 21.355, 29 CFR 1630.14(b)(c)).  If you are not the intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, copy or disseminate this information.  Please call the sender immediately or reply by email and destroy all copies of the original message, including attachments.

• 2.  RE: Music rights

Posted 02-23-2017 16:43
    There is no simple way. I've tried to get permission to use certain pop songs in shows. ASCAP and BMI don't handle stage rights. If anyone has a licensing source, we'd all be happy to know.

------------------------------
    John Perry
    Drama Instructor
    Atherton High School
    Louisville KY

• 3.  RE: Music rights

Posted 02-24-2017 09:09
    Go to Tresona.com they are helping with these rights for UIL.

Sent from my iPad

• 4.  RE: Music rights

Posted 02-24-2017 12:11
    What are the sings? Tresona has pre-approvals for anything owned by Sony, EMI, and Universal. If the songs you're looking for aren't on the pre-approved list you need to call them and ask for Amy. She will help you out.

RaMina Mirmortazavi
    Deer Park High School